How to Get Rid of Pimple Scars
Acne scars can be just as a problem or even more problematic than acne because it takes a longer time to heal. There are even some acne scars that will forever stay on your face and all the products and treatments in the world can’t fix them. It’s always best to talk to your physician about the best treatment for your pimple face scars. If the scars are not so big and deep then you’ll have a much better chance of removing them.
So tell me how to get rid of pimple and acne scars?
There are several treatments to remove acne scars: natural skincare remedies or going to the doctor’s office.
Here are some natural home remedies that can help clear up your acne scars:
1. Drink more water- Water is not only good for your health, it’s also good for the skin. Water helps flush out toxins from the body and skin. It also cleanses and rejuvenates the skin thus making it easier for dead skin cells to shed off the body.
2. Fruits and vegetables- It contains loads of vitamins and minerals that can make your skin cells grow healthier and heal your acne scarring.
3. Lemon juice- It contains lots of Vitamin C which is an antioxidant that removes toxins from the body and skin. It gives your skin a much brighter complexion and not only does it fight off acne, it’s also very effective of reducing your acne scarring. You dead skin cells sheds off at a faster rate and the new skin will grow much healthier.
4. Aloe Vera Gel- Aloe Vera is an herb that treat many skin ailments including acne. It’s great to use if you have acne prone skin and it also reduces your acne scars. Aloe Vera gel is best to use and they are readily available in stores. Here are more skin care remedies using Aloe Vera!
5. Olive Oil- It’s not only healthy for the body, it’s great for the skin. Olive Oil is loaded with skin-healing properties and it’s a great treatment for any scars including acne. Just rub a little bit on the affected area and overtime you will see a big improvement. Pure argan oil is another effective treatment too.
If natural home remedies doesn’t do the trick to treat your acne scars, try these more effective acne scarring treatments:
1. Laser resurfacing is one of the most effective ways to treat your acne scars. It’s usually performed by a dermatologist and this type of treatment is for people with severe atropic acne scarring. After the doctor numbs the top area of the skin, they use a laser to removes that top layer. It can take between 1 to 2 weeks for the acne scars to heal properly.
2. Dermabrasion is a different treatment that is less often use in the dermatology office. The dermatologist uses a metal brush to scrape away the top layer of the skin removing acne scars along with the dead skin. This helps to promote new skin and reduce the appearance of acne scars. Healing time can be between 2 to 3 weeks.
3. A Chemical Peel is another treatment that is more mild. It’s like an exfoliating scrub you use at home but it’s much harsher. When used, more layers of the skin are removed compared to the typical at home scrub. It’s very quick and healing time can be a day or two. Multiple treatments would be needed to get great results.
4. Microdermabrasion is similar to dermabrasion; however, it’s not as abrasive as dermabrasion and less skin is removed. It can be done quickly at the doctor’s office. Multiple treatments would also be needed for better results.
5. Hydroquinone is an ingredient found in many creams to help fade acne. There are several over the counter creams you can use but they are not as effective. The prescription version is far more better since it has a higher percentage. Again, talk to your doctor. They always know what’s best for your skin.
So, there you have! Hopefully anyone of these treatments will help you reduce the look of your acne scarring. I have a few acne scars too and I have tried both microderbrasion and chemical peels. They’re fantastic but it’s very costly. If you’re acne is not to severe, I would skip the doctor office treatment and try the at home remedies.
Hopefully one of the solutions above is your answer to getting rid of acne scars.
If you’re looking to prevent acne scarring all together, then the most ideal approach is to treat acne first. A product I would recommend is Murad Acne Complex Kit. I’ve been using it for over a year now and this kit has helped me keep my acne under control. Honestly, I just love all Murad products!
Though all these methods are best at removing acne scars, another solution would be hiding them. BB Creams are a fast wide to conceal acne scarring. According to the L.A. Times, BB Creams are vastly becoming popular in the U.S. and are among the hottest new additions to the U.S. beauty scene.
Disclosure: Please note that this post may contain a sponsored link or two. If you happen to shop using these links, Hot Beauty Health will receive a commission from the store.