How to Apply Skin Illuminator
Looking to achieve that glow like all the Hollywood starlets? Enhance your skin’s glow with a skin illuminator. Skin Illuminators are used to brighten skin and to add a healthy glow while highlighting you best features. Just look at Rihanna makeup look.
Illuminators contain very small particles that captures light for endless sparkle.
So How Do I Choose the Best Skin Illuminator?
Illuminators come in several different types such as: liquid, powder, and cream form. Choosing the best illuminator for you shouldn’t be difficult. Whether its a NARS or MAC illuminator, it all depends on your skin type.
- Powder- Oily/Acne Prone Skin
- Cream- Dry Skin
- Liquid- All skin types for all over glow
Where to apply illuminator on my skin?
How to apply illuminator– To use illuminators, you can apply to these areas:
- Brow Bone
- Down Nose bridge
- Inner corners of the eyes
- All over body
For just a hint of glow, another trick is applying it under your foundation. It will truly brighten the face.
First time using one? Check out my pick on best skin illuminators!
- Clarins Instant Light Complexion Perfector $28.50 (sold out but I suggest trying this mac illuminator instead here).
- Maybelline Mineral Powder Illuminator All Over Sheer Loose Powder $11
- Stila All Over Shimmer $22
- Boots No.7 Skin Illuminator $16
- NARS Orgasm Illuminator $29
- Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer SPF 20 Illuminating $42
- Clinique Uplightening Liquid Illuminator $22.50
Check out these reviews!
Best Makeup Illuminators
Light up your look with some of the best makeup illuminators. Add luminosity to your skin!
Storified by · Tue, Jul 31 2012 12:34:29
Disclosure: Please note that this post may contain a sponsored link or two. If you happen to shop using these links, Hot Beauty Health will receive a commission from the store.