It looks like the trends for Fall 2010 are going back to the 90′s grung-era but with a modern twist. Yes! I miss the 90′s. Everything from strong eyes, blunt bangs, spikey buns, orange and brown lips, nude face, and messy slept-in hair are the major trends that stood out to me at New York Fashion Week.
Natural, Nude Face
Bright Orange/Brown Lips
1. We are definitely taking a dip back to the 90′s era. Remember the dark brown lips? There was definitely a lot of buzz on 90′s backstage and Derek Lam was no exception. The makeup artist recreated the brown lip for a more wearable, not-too-dark look.
2. Red lips wasn’t dominant this time. A fresh new look like bright orange lips were used on the models at Vena Cava and Tory Burch shows.
Fall 2010 Hairstyles
1. At the 3.1 Philip Lim show, hair stylist Odile Gilbet chose a look inspired by Blondie. Soft, flowing, fluffy hair is the style no matter how long or short the hair.
2. Blunt Bangs was seen down several runways including Gwen Stefani L.A.M.B. and Jen Kao.
3. Ponytails, Ponytails, Ponytails were seen everywhere! Here’s a sexy side ponytail with textured ends seen at the DKNY runway show.
4. This look is my favorite because it’s simple and easy to create. So glad that it’s a trend for this upcoming fall. The off-side, loose bun at the Yigal Azrouel show is great for a day or night look.
5. The messy, just woke out of bed look. Hmm….who does this remind me of? Ah yes! This is Kate Moss notorious look during the 90′s. It’s back now as the “Kate Moss” look. Here’s the hairstyle seen down the runway at Marc Jacobs.
6. Spikey buns are great! Especially this low, chignon at BCBG Max Azria runway show. It’s the look for fall but honestly you can wear this look during the warmer seasons too!
What’s your favorite beauty trend seen at NYFW Fall 2010 shows?