Cool Nail Trends 2011
New York Fashion Week is now over but, I’m not ready to stop talking about all the fabulous looks and trends. I’m not just talking about the fashions or the makeup. The creative nail art was also very inspiring. Check out these 8 fabulous nail polish trends seen at the Spring 2011 shows!
Alice & Olivia
The show was super fun and colorful (inspired by spring’s tropical looks) and she showed a lot of that in the makeup too. As for the nails, she wanted to capture the essence of the brand. Recreate this look! (All Butter London)
- apply a soft pink shade to entire nail
- make a striped line in royal navy underneath a stripe of Yellow Cheeky at the very edge of the nail.
Nail Artist Jin Soon Choi called it “Line Art.” Recreate this look! (All Sally Hansen)
- apply a thin line of polish in “Casting Call” right where the nail bed and tip meets.
- add a shimmery nude shade on top in “Without a Stitch”
The look is called “Monogram Moon Manicure.” The look is inspired by the nails seen in the French magazines and its culture during the years. One of the best cool nail designs!
Cushnie et Ochs
The Dashing Diva team created this fun and gorgeous “digging in gold” look. Recreate the look!
- Make sure nails are round and short
- Apply a coat of clear nail polish
- Apply Dashing Diva’s Fashion District gold nail polish color only around the edge of nails to finish.
Park Choon Moo
Get the futuristic oval nails look!
- File down nails to short tips
- For added smoothness, buff the nail bed
- Apply a temporary gel or glue onto the nails and place clear acrylic nails over it.
- File nail into an oval polish
Nail Artist, Nonie Creme gave the models a black and beige half moon manicure. Recreate the look! (All Butter London)
- Apply a creamy nude shade like Yummy Mummy over the entire press-on nail.
- Paint a half moon in “Jack Black” above the bottom cuticle to finish.
Which nail trend is your favorite look?