Designer: Georgina Chapman and Keren Craig for Marchesa
Hairstylist: Renato Campora for Frederic Fekkai
Inspiration: Renato Campora created a graphic, shiny look with a tribal vibe to compliment Marchesa’s ornately elegant collection.
For Marchesa’s Spring/Summer 2013 show, lead hairstylist for Renato Campora created a gorgeous sculpted braid look one the hottest spring 2013 beauty trends.
How to get the look:
- Start with slightly damp hair and use a comb to brush the hair towards the back of the head.
- Spray Fekkai Coiff Bouffant Lifting & Texturizing Spray Gel throughout the hair.
- Create a straight middle part and comb through the hair. Blow-dry using your hands to smooth and flatten the hair.
- Separate the hair into three sections by dividing the hair from the top of middle part down to the top of the ear on both sides.
- Brush the middle section of the hair and spray Fekkai Coiff Sheer Hold Hair Spray to add shine. Tie the middle section of the hair into a tight ponytail low at the nape of the neck.
- Take the section on the left side of the head and divide it into two sections, (top and bottom layer). Tightly braid each section into two separate braids that are flat to the head. Repeat this process on the right side of the head.
- Take the two top braids from each side of the head and criss-cross them over the ponytail. Secure with pins under the ponytail.
- Take the two bottom braids and pin them in a U-formation that meet at the top of the ponytail. Wrap the ends of these braids around the ponytail and pin.
- Take the middle section of each U-braid and pin up to the side of the head creating a 90 degree angle.
- Using a comb, tease the ponytail and spray again with Fekkai Coiff Sheer Hold Hair Spray. To complete the sleek look, spray Fekkai Brilliant Glossing Sheer Shine Mist through-out and smooth out the ponytail with your hands.
All Products by Fekkai are available at Fekkai.com, Fekkai stores, Nordstrom, Neiman Marcus, and Saks Fifth Avenue.