Thomas Dunkin and the Sebastian hair team were on hand backstage styling the models’ crimped tresses with textured shine and a touch of the islands to complement Mara’s “Aloha” inspired collection full of color and prints.
Designer: Mara Hoffman
Hairstylist: Thomas Dunkin, Sebastian Professional Hair Team
Inspiration: Aloha-Hawaiian Tropics
The Hair Look:
- Start with damp hair and apply Thickefy Foam throughout. Blow-dry the hair with a large round brush.
- Starting from the under layer of the hair and working outwards, micro crimp small (2”) sections of the hair.
- Backcomb and gently tease the hair to build more body and texture. Lightly spritz hair with Shaper Fierce hairspray to create flexible hold.
- Select random pieces around the head and use various sized curling irons to create different effects and textures throughout.
- Create a deep part at the front of the head and side sweep the hair flat across the top of the head. Use Shine Crafter wax to create a smooth, sleek look that holds the part in place.
All products from Sebastian Professional.