Still battling with dry skin? Well, it’s a common problem and quite irritating too. Truth is, dry skin can be caused by a number of factors such as: weather changes, hot showers, air conditioners, harsh soap and cleansers and several other causes that strips away moisture from the skin. It’s much harder on women since we tend to lose more moisture at a faster rate than men. Though it’s always recommended to drink plenty of H20 to quench our skin’s thirst, it’s not always enough which is why it’s vital to incorporate additional supplements to keep the skin hydrated and finally eliminate dry skin. So, how do we treat dry skin? I was reading a great article that gave some excellent advice and tips on treating dry skin. Beautiful skin is achieved through good eats. When your body is healthy on the inside, it will show on the outside. Having a positive change in one’s diet is crucial to treat dry skin. Here are some known foods that will help banish your skin troubles and preserve your youth and beauty.
- Eat lots of fruits and leafy vegetables- They are loaded with Vitamin A, B, and E. Here’s a few: Cantaloupe, milk, apricots, avocado, wheat germ, plain yogurt.
- Yellow and orange vegetables like carrots are good because it has beta-carotene which tackles dry skin.
- Foods rich in Sulfur are great because Sulfur prevents dry skin by stimulating the metabolism. Examples: onions, garlic, eggs, asparagus.
- Flaxseed oil is a great health benefit to the skin.
- Stay away from fatty foods and beverages that dehydrates the skin such as alcohol, coffee, and beverages.
Check out these tips on eating for beauty too! Did I miss anything? Leave me a comment!
Photo Credit: Prevention.com
Good Eats to Treat Dry Skin is brought to you by http://www.hotbeautyhealth.com