Herbs are defined as plants that are utilized for medicinal purposes. These medicinal plants are either consumed or applied externally. They help in strengthening the body’s immune system and boost the body’s natural healing capabilities. While herbs by themselves are not usually suggested when it comes to getting rid of cellulite, they are usually found in lotions used for body wraps, in anti-cellulite creams and other forms of natural anti-cellulite treatments where they play a significant role in helping the other potent ingredients or therapies.
The following are some herbs that are typically suggested for home treatments in the form of body oils, supplement capsules, food or aromatherapy to combat cellulite:
- Juniper essential oil- Is usually utilized in cellulite massages to aid in drawing out the harmful toxins from the accumulated fats, boost circulation and detoxify the skin.
- Horse chestnut bark – is composed of a potent substance called aescin which have anti-swelling and anti-inflammatory properties that aids in lessening the appearance of cellulite. This herb is usually found in cellulite creams but can also be ingested in the form of a tea.
- Guana – is a type of herb which is rich in caffeine. This herb is perceived to aid in lessening fat and reduce the accumulation of fluid underneath the skin. As a matter of fact, caffeine is the mainstay potent substance found in most of the anti cellulite preparations. It is suggested that you apply this herb as an external cure to the cellulite affected areas.
- Kelp – is also popularly termed as Bladderwack or most often, seaweed. This medicinal plant that is usually utilized for cellulite is found in a lot of cellulite preparations or it can be taken in the form of a supplement. Kelp is perceived to have a high iodine content which aids in stimulating the thyroid gland and this prompts the body to burn more amounts of energy, thereby lessening the amount of fat and associated cellulite.
- Grapefruit oil – an herb which is usually used during massage, as it helps in stimulating the tones of the skin as well as the lymphatic system.