Handbags are an essential item for girls and women and the fall handbag trends of 2009 offer a variety of colors and styles which includes animal prints, metallic, textured, and leather. Expect to see medium sized to large handbags this fall. Get ready for back to school by adding some of these stylish handbags to your collection!
1. Marc Jacobs Luxe St. Marks Quilted Python Shoulder Bag ($2,220)- There’s a lot of textured-style handbags this fall and this Marc Jacobs bag is no exception to the trend. The taupe python body is surrounded by studs with a chain-link strap. Inside you’ll find a satin lining with zipper pockets. A fantastic medium-sized bag for fall that you can sport during your day-to-day activities yet still glam enough to wear at night.
2. Coach New Leather Brooke ($358)- The classic soft leather bag with several fall colors to choose from. This medium-size bag has a fabric inside lining with multifunctional pockets. I love the gorgeous eggplant color. Shades of purple is a popular trend this fall so expect to see a whole lot more.
3. Anya Hindmarch “Hector” in Pewter Python ($2645)- The high-shine and metallic look is one of my favorite looks seen down the fall runways. I went into TJ Maxx, the other day and metallic bags were everywhere. This bag is super glam and very lightweight. It’s more of a pewter color than gold so you can go everywhere with it. The handbag is large enough to store your everyday essentials. Again, large handbags is a definite must-have for fall.
4. BCBG Urban Rock Zipper Clutch ($248)- Bring out the rocker side of you. This zipper clutch from BCBG screams tough, rocker chic. Not so much the perfect everyday look for back to school; but, great to wear at a school dance. It’s also a great clutch to show off while having a night of fun and partying.
5. Christian Louboutin Liv Ponyhair Tote ($2,495)- Say “hello” to animal prints this season! Several designers has jumped on this trend this fall and I’m intrigued by several of the crazy prints out there. This Christian Louboutin Tote has brown leather shoulder straps with buckle accents. The brown/tan zebra print is very sexy!
Now, I know the prices on most of these bags are extremely high; but, the look, trend, and style is most important here. There are so many hot & affordable handbags out there and a great place to look for these trends is T.J. Maxx.
Well there you have it. These are the “It” bags this season so add these looks to your back to school list.
Check out more posts on back to school fashion trends for fall 2009!