French roast is the new black for fall! This rich, dark brown is softer than black and balances out some of fall’s more vibrant color trends for 2012. Pantone describes this color as “rich and robust” and “a tasty, sophisticated hue that is a great alternative to the black and charcoal basics typically worn in the fall.”
Need some inspiration? Here are 3 ways to wear this comfy color trend below!
Tip: Add variety to your look by adding a bright pop of color like red as an accent piece.
1. White Longsleeve Trimarl top- DorothyPerkins.com
2. Organic by John Patrick Drape Neck Pocket Cardigan- Lagarconne.com
3. Paige Denim Indigo High-rise Hoxton Ultra Skinny Jeans- My-Wardrobe.com
4. Annette Ferdinandsen Chrysophase Balls With Claw & Coral Drops- Ylang23.com
5. Proenza Schouler PS1 Tote Leather- Barneys.com
6. Restricted Belmont Brown Boots- Amazon.com
Tip- Using the french roast color as an anchor piece, will add variety to your closet and makes it ten times easier to pull an outfit together. I’m lovin the pencil skirt right now so for this look, I paired it with lots of neutral pieces and gold jewelry.
1. River Island Black Hook Wide Waist Belt- RiverIsland.com
2. DONNA KARAN Brown Stretch Jersey Pencil Skirt- Stylebop.com
3. Knitted Lurex Trim Top- Topshop.com
4. Dark purple 3 point leather gloves- Debenhams.com
5. Pearl mesh bracelets- DorothyPerkins.com
6. Jessica Simpson Waleo Brown Suede- Zappos.com
Tip: Pair this hue with other darker shades like black and add accent colors like gold and silver.
1. PIAZZA SEMPIONE Brown One-Button Blazer- Stylebop.com
2. Black aztec crossover dress- DorothyPerkins.com
3. Cannes Bangle Set- AmritaSingh.com
4. Ribbed Tight- Avenue.com
5. Rag & Bone Classic Newbury Boot- Lagarconne.com
6. Marc by Marc Jacobs Thunderdome studded leather clutch- Bloomingdales.com