Definitely a “Yay” in my book! The color blocking trend was seen down several spring runways. I was so thrilled to see the bright silhouettes at Prabal Gurung, Jill Sander and Gucci shows. It’s a fresh way to add some color to your look for the spring and summer season.
So, show me how to Colorblock!
I’ll do you one better. I’ll show you three ways on how to wear the colorblocking trend. By the end of this tutorial, you’ll be a PRO!
Look 1. Buy a dress, top or skirt that’s already colorblocked. Let the designer do the work for you!
- Black Chain Handle Studded Circle Cross Body Bag- Topshop.com, $60
- MICHAEL Michael Kors Claremont Sunglasses- Zappos.com, $95
- Steve Madden Nude patent leather Wooden Wedge-Footnotesonline.com, $99
Look 2. Mix and pair two different bright colors together with a neutral color. For example- bright top and bottom, then add a neutral belt.
- Carvela Koo mini wedge sandals- HouseofFraser.co.uk, $94
- Coral cotton tank- Net-a-porter.com, $70
- Style & Co. Pockets Messenger Bag- Macys.com, $52
- Polka dot Mustard Taffeta skirt- TheOutnet.com, $72
- Cream leather stud Waist Belt- Topshop.com, $80
Look 3. Go all out and bold with acid like hues. Inspired by Prabal Gurung and Christopher Kane shows, mix and pair two bold colors and one neon piece or add a bright color handbag. Make sure the colors compliment each other!
- 3.1 Philip Lim Skinny Woven Lattice Belt for Women-Ssense.com, $250
- Mustard Pleated jersey top- TheOutnet.com, $171
- Amrita Singh Miriamelle Handbag in Orange- CoutureCandy.com, $250
- Willow Pleated Blue Silk-Crepe Harem Pants- Net-a-porter.com, $395
- Fendi Sunglasses in Rusty Red/Brown- Chickdowntown.com, $129
- Irene Runway Shoe in Camel- DVF.com, $335
So, there you have it. Jump on the colorblocking trend this season and start mixing up your brights!
Tell me your thoughts. Are you a fan?