Looking to add a feminine touch to your wardrobe? Peplums are the perfect way to do just that.
What is a peplum?
Well, its a short overskirt or ruffle attached to the waist of a dress, jacket, top, or skirt. This trend is very reminiscent of the forties and a huge hit during the 1980′s brat pack era and now this hot trend is back once again.
Peplum details were seen down several fall 2011 runways such as Marc Jacobs and Proenza Schouler and now its one of the most coveted pieces to add to your wardrobe. It flatters a variety of body types.
How to wear the peplums
1. Pair a peplum top with a pencil skirt for a slimming look.
2. Rock a peplum dress with other cool details such as sequins or polka dots.
3. Go for brighter colors to pull off this sexy look. Darker hues are another fab look if you’re not fan of bold colors.
- Monsoon Paige Peplum Cardigan- Monsoon.co.uk, $54
- Satin Peplum Skirt- Builtbywendy.com, $190
- Worthington Tweed Peplum Jacket- JCPenney.com, $47
- Alice + Olivia Patsy peplum Blouse- Bergdorfgoodman.com, $198
- Black/gold spot Peplum dress- DorothyPerkins.com, $20.37
- Max and Cleo Black and White Ball Dress- Modcloth.com, $53