How to Preserve Your Skin
1. No Caffeine- Sorry coffee lovers but it’s time to start cutting down on the coffee and tea. Too many people are addicted to caffeine which is really bad for the skin. Caffeine prevents our bodies from absorbing the vitamins and nutrients we need. It also contributes to CELLULITE. So, let’s go easy on the caffeine okay? Try dark chocolate instead to control your cravings.
2. De-Stress- Yes, stress is a part of life but, too much stress can cause harm to your health and to the skin. It can cause acne, weight-gain, hair-loss, and so on. Stress can also cause us to age more quickly. When you’re in stress-mode, take deep breaths to stay calm, or try not to take on so many projects at the same time; but, most of all, SMILE!
3. Exercise- That’s a no brainer! Exercising can help remove toxins from the body which leaves you with a healthier and brighter complexion. It can help clear up acne and reduce stress. Overall, exercising will make you stronger, healthier, more flexible, and increase your energy. These factors alone will make you look and feel younger. Here’s a suggestion: Try a yoga class.
4. Eat your veggies- Give your skin the vitamins and minerals it needs to stay healthy and youthful. Eat more foods rich in Vitamin A, B, and C. Check out my article on foods that nourish the skin.
5. Keep your skin hydrated internally– Drink water, water, and more water! Water helps flush out toxins from the body and plays an important role in maintaining healthy, youthful skin. So, drink up! Check out my article on why water is important.
6. Don’t eat your cucumbers?– Instead place them on your eyes and cheeks. It’s one of the oldest remedy out there but boy does it work. As a natural astringent, cucumbers can hide dark circles and prevent puffiness.
7. Sunscreen- It’s starting to heat up so start protecting your skin from the evil UVA/UVB rays. The sun aids in the aging process by breaking down collagen so make sure to put on sunscreen an hour before you step outside.
8. Home-made Facial Mask– Nourish your skin with home-made masks. By using all natural ingredients, the results are far better and less money is coming out of your pocket. Check out this Nourishing Quinoa Mask that you can make at home.
9. Exfoliate– Dull and tired skin can be fixed by exfoliation. Remove those dead skin cells and show off you soft and smooth skin. Sugar scrubs are suitable for all skin-types. Alpha Hydroxy Acid is a known anti-aging property so look for scrubs that contains it. Honey is another fantastic ingredient to look for. It’s a humectant which means it draws in moisture. Avocados, Oatmeal, Milk, Egg whites, and Aloe Vera are great ingredients to look for in facial scrubs too!
10 . Keep your skin hydrated externally– Moisturize! By moisturizing your skin, it will feel well nourished and balanced. Know your skin-type before purchasing any moisturizer.
Well there you have it! 10 natural secrets to a women’s youth and beauty. Take care of your skin from the inside and outside. You will shave off years!