What’s your secret beauty ally? Oil! Believe it or not, this month’s issue of Women’s Health magazine explores the secret to oil with dermatologist Jeannette Graf, M.D. Oil used to be scoffed at and criticized in the skin-care industry, but now, plant-based oil is being recognized as the body, face and hair’s best friend. Plant based oils in several new products will not clog pores like mineral oils do, and will penetrate deeply.
What to use?
· Comfort Zone Sacred Nature Nourishing Body Oil is a lightweight, nutrient rich product that contains buriti oil (extracted from an Amazonian palm tree) and jojoba oil (high levels of triglycerides and omega fatty acids). Smooth two or three drops onto each area of your body every day.
- Bath & Body Works Sandalwood Fig Sensual Massage Oil is a romantic, woodsy scented oil that is infused with fig, sandalwood, sunflower oil and has antioxidant properties. Massage into your skin as if it were a body lotion.
· Pangea Organics Himalayan Geranium & Pomegranate Balancing Oil is a light blend of 11 nourishing oils which will help your skins elasticity and suppleness. After cleansing and while skin is damp, massage two or three drops into your face.
- Nude Cleansing Facial Oil contains antioxidant-rich vitamin E oil which cleans without harsh rubbing. Massage a few drops all over dry skin, then wet your hands and massage your face again.
- Kiehl’s Midnight Recovery Concentrate is made of omega-3 and -6 fatty-acid-enriched oil. This will help replenish your skin overnight. After cleansing, pat (don’t rub) a few drops onto your cheeks, forehead and chin.
- Macadamia Natural Oil healing Oil Treatment contains macadamia nut oil which has some of the highest amounts of essential omega fatty acids. It will instantly hydrate dry skin without making it greasy. Coat freshly washed medium-length to long hair with a dime size squirt; for short hair use a pea sized amount. Smooth over from midway down the hair to the ends, then comb to distribute.
- Rahua Finishing Treatment is a thick concentrated, silicone-free styling lotion that is packed with rahua nut oil. This will help hydrate and strengthen hair follicles by adding a protective layer. Work a small amount through damp hair, concentrate on the ends. The oil will impart a glossy sheen.
Check out these and other beauty tips at: Women’s Health Magazine!