Who: Penelope Cruz
Where: The 84th Annual Academy Awards
Makeup Artist: Matthew VanLeeuwen
Celebrity makeup artist Matthew VanLeeuwen made up Lancôme ambassadress Penelope Cruz in rich, intense shades that coordinated perfectly with her ethereal gown and movie star locks at the 2012 Oscar’s.
- La Base Pro Primer
- Teint Idole Ultra 24H Foundation
- Star Bronzer (to cheeks and temples)
- Blush Subtil in Rose Romantique (to apples of cheeks)
- Color Design 5 Pan Palette in Gris Fatale
- Le Crayon Khôl EyeLiner in Black Lapis
- Ôscillation Powermascara in Black
- Le Lipstique Lip Colouring Stick in Bronzelle
- Rouge in Love Lipcolor in Delicate Lac
Styled by Wella Professionals Celebrity Stylist Andy LeCompte
The Look: Very old Hollywood glamour, channeling the 1950s Grace Kelly finger waves to complement her Armani Privé gown.
Here’s how Andy suggests getting the look:
- Start with dry hair and use a small amount of Wella Professionals Natural Volume Styling Mousse at the roots.
- Set hair in steam hot rollers by rolling hair straight back from the head. This gives hair texture and curl. Use smaller rollers in the back to create a tighter curl, then pin hair underneath into a faux bob.
- Lightly mist with Wella Professionals Dynamic Fix 45 Second Crafting Spray, then back comb and tease at the root. Brush out the finger waves into place and set withWella Professionals Stay Essential Finishing Spray.
If you liked this post, then read Celeb Beauty: Cameron Diaz at 2012 Oscars.