Want to feel sexy in red lipstick but feel it’s too intimidating? I hear ya! I usually would stay away from red lipstick because I always assumed that it’s not appealing on African-Americans. Well I recently learned that this is far from the truth. Scarlett red is in this holiday/winter season and if red lipstick is too daring for you, consider going the red lip gloss route.
Red lips has a classic appeal with a hint of drama. What I love most about a gloss is the range of formulas. If you’re looking for something that’s subtle, try a sheer formula or a richer gloss formula for added color.
Sexify your pout by checking out these hot red glosses!!
- Christian Dior’s Rouge Dior Creme de Gloss ($26)– A balance of lipstick and gloss with a hint of shimmer.
- Chanel Luminous Satin Lip Lacquer in Dragon ($32)- Berry red color for a more cool tone.
- ($26)- Described as “red vinyl” that’s very opaque with a red blush-tone.
- Urban Decay XXX Shine Lip GLoss ($16)- A sheer candy apple red color. Seen in a Betsey Johnson show!
- Benetint ($28)- Not exactly a lip gloss. It’s a rosy red stain that can be used on the cheeks and on the lips. The color stays on for a long time.
- Purple Lab’s Huge Lips Skinny Hips Lip Gloss in Red Sole ($20)- A very sheer formula to add a hint of color to your pout
- ($22)- Give your lips some extra shine with this blue-based lip gloss!
Do you have a favorite scarlet red lipstick or lip gloss?