Pantone, the global authority on color for design industries says exotic destinations like India, Africa, Peru, and Turkey are the inspiration behind the top colors for spring 2011.
“The colors designers have chosen for the spring season present an interesting marriage of unexpected warm and cool tones, ” said Leatrice Eiseman, executive director of the Pantone Color Institute®. “By cleverly combining complementary colors, those that are opposites on the color wheel, they have created a striking intensity in the palette. These unique color combinations make it possible for consumers to pair existing pieces in colors traditionally associated with fall, with new favorites to punch up springtime wardrobes.”
The top colors for Spring 2011 are:
- PANTONE 18-2120 Honeysuckle– vibrant pinkish red
- PANTONE 16-1349 Coral Rose-a sophisticated orange
- PANTONE 14-0941 Beeswax- a warm, honeyed yellow
- PANTONE 18-4039 Regatta- a cool blue
- PANTONE 15-3817 Lavender- a light, romantic purple/lilac shade
- PANTONE 15-4825 Blue Curacao- a carribean turquoise
- PANTONE 14-6324 Peapod- a fresh yellow-green
- PANTONE 12-1206 Silver Peony- a baby pink
- PANTONE 18-1235 Russet- a chocolate brown
- PANTONE 15-4502 Silver Cloud- a quintessential neutral
I’m already on the spring fashion 2011 color train. Love all the shades!