Redken Creative Consultant Guido created an urban look for Dior F/W 2014 runway show that real women could easily incorporate into their street styles. Once the hair was blown out with a cocktail of satinwear 02 prepping blowdry lotion and align 12 protective straightening lotion, Guido used forceful 23 super strength finishing spray to get the hair to lay flat as the models walked the runway. It’s a little bit sporty and a whole lot of sophistication for the Dior look this season.
The look for Dior is a very minimal idea of sophisticated hair. I wanted to create a wearable hairstyle that would be translatable for everyday women, while still incorporating sculptural elements to the design. The hair was pulled back and flattened to really expose the model’s head shape, which was elegant, but also felt kind of sporty in a way.
-Guido, Redken Creative Consultant
Redken Products Used:
- Satinwear 02 Prepping Blowdry Lotion
- Align 12 Protective Straightening Lotion
- Forceful 23 Super Strength Finishing Spray
Create the Look:
- Apply a mixture of satinwear 02 prepping blowdry lotion and align 12 protective straightening lotion to damp hair
- Blow dry hair straight back with a natural bristle brush (no parting)
- HOT TIP: Apply large black headband so hair stays back and flat
- When you are ready to go, take off headband and spray with forceful 23 super strength finishing spray to hold shape
Images: Greg Kessler for Redken.