DKNY’s Fall/Winter ‘14 collection was heavily influenced by urban street style and the gray cement color of city sidewalks. Michelle Saunders for essie created three nail looks for the runway: a statement, inverted French manicure, as well as two neutral options with classic essie polishes, blanc and mademoiselle.
My favorite from all three looks is the inverted French Manicure and I have the step-by-step breakdown to recreate this look at home!
Products Used (essie Nail Products):
Get the Look!
- Apply first base base coat to clean, filed nails
- Once dry, apply one coat of blanc to the entire nail
- Next, apply smokin’ hot to the center of the nail, leaving a thin, white arc around the entire base of the nail
- Then, brush on a layer of allure (adding this layer created the cement color)
- Finish with matte about you top coat
Check out #essieNYFW for everything fashionable backstage, and #essielook to see our designer nail looks! Be sure to also follow Hot Beauty on Instagram for more fashion week coverage!