Michelle Saunders for essie was inspired by the jewelry and elaborately beaded gowns in Jenny Packham’s Fall/Winter ’14 collection. For the nail, she created an embellished ring finger accent design that resembled the Solaris necklace from the runway.
Products Used (All Essie):
- First Base Base Coat
- Lots of Lux
- Wrapped in Rubies
- Hors d’oeuvres
- Penny Talk
- Set in Stones
- Good to Go Top Coat
- Apply First Base Base Coat to clean, filed nails.
- Once dry, apply two coats of Mademoiselle to all nails.
- On ring fingers only, dip a bobby pin into Wrapped in Rubies and create medium-sized circles in the middle of the nail.
- To begin forming the Solaris look, dip a bobby pin into Wrapped in Rubies and create small dots around the center circle.
- Next, dip a bobby pin into Penny Talk to create small dots beside each red dot.
- Then, dip a bobby pin into Hors d’oeuvres and fill in between so all of the dots connect.
- Finally, take a small nail art brush dipped inn Lots of Lux to create the small pear-shaped designs on the outer edges to form the points of the Solaris.
- Finish with Good to Go Top Coat