Global Creative Director for Wella Professionals, Eugene Souleiman along with his talented team created a luminous and natural look for the DKNY AW’13 show.
The Look: ENCAPSULATED HAIR
The hair look at the A/W ’13 DKNY show was youthful yet sophisticated.
“For this collection, Donna revisited some of her classic looks, resulting in a modern capsule collection that revolved around her iconic pieces. This got me thinking about the classic DKNY woman, and I wanted to create a hair look that embodied her spirit.” said Eugene Souleiman, Global Creative Director, Care & Styling, Wella Professionals.
The hair look provided a sense of uniformity to the show with a generic look that was subtly tweaked to suit each girl. This incredibly simple aesthetic had to be perfectly executed to keep it looking rich and polished. Eugene and the team relied on their skills to create the perfect blow dry, which was then straightened for a polished finish, the final touch being to pull the hair back behind the ears for a premium, graphic quality.
Get the Look:
- Start with freshly washed and conditioned hair, using Wella Professionals Enrich Shampoo and Conditioner, to ensure hair is in perfect condition.
- Spray Wella Professionals Thermal Image Protecting Spray, through the hair to provide styling hold and heat protection.
- First, create a centre parting then section the hair and blow dry in sections using a round brush pulling the hair slightly upwards to create a little volume at the roots.
- Next, use straightening irons through the hair to create a smooth polished look.
- Finally, take the front sections of hair and using a fine toothed comb, pull back behind the ears.
- For extra hold, spray front sections of hair with Wella Professionals Stay Firm Finishing Spray
- Wella Professionals Enrich Shampoo and Conditioner
- Wella Professionals Thermal Image Protecting Spray
- Wella Professionals Stay Firm Finishing Spray
Stay up to date on the latest fall hair trends by checking out our fall fashion guide!