Makeup: Tom Pecheux for MAC
The makeup was inspired by the collection’s 60’s flair. “Peter wanted the girls to be made up but we thought black would be too much and too natural would not go with the colorful prints. So we gave it a twist by using a violet burgundy, a color that has nothing to do with the collection, ” Tom said. The models had a dewy matte makeup look with nude lips and rosy cheeks. The key focus in the makeup look was burgundy “banana” on the eye crease. He applied a purple eyepencil under eyes and finished with mascara on the top and bottom lashes.
Hair Inspiration: Eugene Souleiman, Wella Professionals Global Creative Director of Care & Styling
This season Peter Som puts the “petal to the metal” with bright bold colors, patterns, and graphic prints juxtaposed with inherently feminine pieces and silhouettes. Because the collection is fit for the contemporary woman, the hair and make-up toughen it up with a little rock and roll edge to embody our modern day heroine’s fierce independence. Eugene describes the look as “kind of bad hair for a bad girl coming from a rich family.” The hair is slightly ‘60s inspired with a modern twist to make the look cooler without eliminating the glamour. With that, the hair features a deep side part with hair swooped to the opposite side of the face and tousled with texture that takes the finish out of the hair but maintains the style. Simply put, “it’s an undone ‘do approached in a classic way, ” says Eugene.
Haircolor: Aura, Wella Professionals Color Ambassador
Wella Professionals Color Ambassador, Aura of NYC’s Serge Normant Salon, chose a haircolor palette of warm pastel shades varying from rose gold, peach, apricot, and salmon. These shades represent the harmonious union of bold femininity that is a modern interpretation of the constantly evolving color trend. This look is a natural evolution of the punky pastel trend and the extensions are shaded at the root to match the model’s natural color so that they blend naturally into the overall haircolor look. The warm palette of pastel tones universally flatters any skin tone. Aura and a team of elite Wella Professionals colorists custom colored natural hair extensions using Wella Professionals Color Touch and Relights to achieve shades in a spectrum of soft, warm pastels.
- Wash and condition hair using Wella Professionals Enrich shampoo, conditioner, and treatment to moisturize dry or damaged hair. This regimen strengthens hair against damage, while leaving hair shiny and smooth without weighing it down.
- Prime wet hair for style with Velvet Amplifier, which prepares hair to maximize the benefits of styling products.
- Blow out hair with a large round brush to create volume and movement, then lightly mist dry hair with Thermal Image Heat Protection Spray.
- Create a deep side part with hair swooping over the side of the face and pin hair underneath to keep it in place.
- Using a large barrel curling iron, set several curls in place with remaining hair down the center of the head for added lift.
- Unravel the curls and tousle with your hand after a few sprays of Ocean Spritz to create a light, textured feel.