Backstage at Richard Chai’s Spring 2012 show, MAC makeup artists led by James Kaliardos and Avon Hairstylist Tippi Shorter and her team worked their magic to create head turning looks.
Makeup: MAC Cosmetics Lead Makeup Artist James Kaliardos
Inspiration: Japanese Surfer Girl
Details: Lead artist James Kaliardos balanced natural looking skin with bold lips.
“I think it’s just a great choice for spring because color not only brightens up your face, it brightens up your whole atmosphere…it can really help to pull you out of depression, ” he said.
He used bright orange and pink washes over the eyes (MAC Orange Chroma or Magenta Chroma) and punchy colors of blue and purple over the pout (with MAC High-Def Cyan or Violetta Lipstick).
Hair: Tippi Shorter for Avon
Inspiration: Tippi says, “The look very much reflects Richard’s inspiration for his collection with a loose, light and disheveled look on top and then straight and smooth on the bottom. It’s really ‘day two hair.’ The best way to get this look is by not having freshly washed hair, but hair that’s a little lived in, that’s straight or wavy hair, but the look doesn’t lend itself to curly hair.”
- This style incorporates a lot of products, so before you begin styling, prep hair by using Avon Advance Techniques 3D Rescue Leave-in Treatment.
- On dry hair apply Avon Advance Techniques Volumizing Spray Gel around the front, sides and top of the hair, spraying close to the roots and on the top, but avoiding the bottom of the hair. Then power dry the hair by scrunching to create volume and texture to create a lived in texture.
- Create the deep side part and continue to use the drier, scrunching and sweeping the hair to fall effortlessly across the forehead.
- Spray Avon Advance Techniques Medium Hold Hair Spray into your hand and start scrunching back while collecting the hair in a chunky, loose, low ponytail allowing the deep side of the part to fall across the forehead and sweep behind the ears. Secure it at the nape using a bungee band. Put more Medium Hold Hair Spray on the finger tips and gently scrunch and tease the ponytail.
- Then take Avon Advance Techniques Daily Shine Smooth and Shine Capsules into your hand with couple of sprays of Medium Hold Hair Spray and run it through the length of the ponytail to make it very smooth and sleek…the complete opposite of the top. Take a brush to smooth over and if needed, take the straightening irons and run over the length of the ponytail to create contrast.
Once you’ve worn your style out, reuse Avon Advance Techniques 3D Rescue Leave-in Treatment which, in just three days, three years of hair damage is repaired.
See more spring 2012 runways looks: Chris Benz