Have you ever wondered exactly what made Rudolph’s nose shine and glow so much? If you ask a skin care expert, they would probably say he has symptoms of dry, irritated skin from the cold winter weather. December’s Skin FIRST Movement Update is about keeping the cold winter weather from hurting your skin – as well as treating the inevitable dry skin patch. So would you be put onSanta’s skin care “naughty” or “nice” list based on your current habits? Here are some tips to help you get on the “nice” list and stay there:
– Wear gloves in the winter to protect your hands against environmental elements.
– When washing the dishes or doing laundry, protect your skin with protective gloves, shielding your hands from chemicals and excess water.
– Do you use daily moisturizer for your dry, itchy skin? If you don’t, frequent scratching could lead to skin irritation and possibly infection, and no one wants to feel uncomfortable around the holidays. Be sure to use an oil-based moisturizer during the Winter to keep skin moisturized such as Eucerin Original or Eucerin Plus lotions.
– Now that summer is gone, do you decrease the amount of times you exfoliate? In the cold winter months, you should actually increase exfoliation.
– What type of cleanser do you use? Many soaps are alkaline, which can be irritating to unhealthy skin and lead to a condition called alkali eczema, resulting in itching, redness, small bumps and flaking. To reduce their drying properties, many soaps contain added fats like lanolin and paraffin and/or lactic or citric acid – so always look at the label before you buy! Soap free cleansers like Eucerin Calming Body Wash are great for this time of year and the Eucerin Calming Crème can be used to break the itch/scratch cycle.
Eucerin’s Calming Body Wash and Calming Crème can help with itchy, dry winter skin when used regularly. Make an early resolution to yourself to make it on the “nice” list next year by making 2011 the year you put your skin first. To get started, take the Skin FIRST Pledge found here.
Enter Eucerin SkinFIRST Movement December Giveaway!
The winner will receive one skin bath set which includes Eucerin Calming Body Wash, Eucerin Calming Crème, a bath sponge, bath gloves and an in-shower pumice stone.
Are you on Santa’s skin care “naughty” or “nice” list? Watch this Eucerin video to learn how to protect your skin during the cold winter months. What is something new you learned from the video? http://bit.ly/dt2qFq
Giveaway ends January 1st at Midnight PT. Must be in the U.S. and 18+.
BONUS ENTRIES– Want to increase your chances?
- Follow “hotbeautyhealth” on Twitter
- Be a fan of “hotbeautyhealth” on Facebook
- Subscribe to Hot Beauty Health
- RT this giveaway “@hotbeautyhealth“
Disclosure: Products were supplied to me by Eucerin and no compensation was given for this post. Read my About Us page for Disclosure Policy.