Are you rocking the “natural skin” look? Many of Hollywood’s most popular actresses like Nicole Kidman, Natalie Portman and Julianne Moore are opting to show off their “natural skin” rather than the perfectly tanned skin so many women once sought. The “natural skin” trend is refreshing to see especially now that we are more aware of the serious risks of tanning – both indoor and outdoor.
Even in the summer, many women (and men!) still visit the tanning salon to keep up their tans when they are away from the beach. Do you know anyone who regularly visits the tanning salon all year round?
Recently, Eucerin Skin First Council Member, Dr. Sarnoff, appeared on ABC World News with Diane Sawyer to educate viewers about the risks of indoor tanning, noting that indoor tanning before age 35 increases the risk of developing melanoma by 75%.
Embrace your beautiful, natural skin (and encourage others to do the same) by avoiding indoor tanning and applying a moisturizer like Eucerin’s Everyday Protection Face SPF 30 and Body SPF 15 Lotions each morning to help protect your skin from incidental UV exposure.
Here are some additional Fast Facts about Indoor Tanning:
- 36% of women ages 18-24 in a study in the Archives of Dermatology admitted they continue to engage in this risky behavior.
- The International Agency for Research on Cancer (a World Health Organization affiliate) lists UV tanning devices among some of the most dangerous cancer-causing substances – right up there next to plutonium and cigarettes.
Eucerin and I would like to hear how you plan to protect your skin from UV damage. So, I’m offering a giveaway to all my readers!
o Eucerin Everyday Protection Face SPF 30 and Body SPF 15 Lotions
Go to the Eucerin Facebook Page to take the Eucerin Skin First Pledge and share tips on how you’ll embrace the “natural skin” look. Then fill out the form below. The giveaway ends June 13th at 9:55pm PT. Rules and regulations can be found on the Details Tab.
For extra entries:
- Like Hot Beauty Health Facebook page
- Follow @hotbeautyhealth on Twitter
- Subscribe to Hot Beauty Health
- Follow @EucerinUS on Twitter
- Take the Eucerin Skin First Pledge
Disclosure: Products were supplied to me by Eucerin and no compensation was given for this post. Read my About Us page for Disclosure Policy.