Choosing a skin care regimen is an important part of my beauty routine. I’ve mentioned before how much I really enjoy Simple® products because I have sensitive skin and their products work great for me. A recent survey was done by Simple which reveals a surprising truth- that women in the top 40 cities nationwide don’t realize how their everyday city lifestyle can make skin sensitive. That is why Simple® Skincare, a range of facial products that is sensitive to skin’s needs, is launching “Kind to City Skin” – a global initiative designed to help women understand the impact that city living – both environmental and lifestyle-related factors – can have on their faces.
The key data from the survey also revealed:
- Nearly 9 in 10 (89%) women describe their skincare habits as “healthy, ” yet their actual behaviors (a snapshot below) show there is room for improvement.
- More than a quarter (27%) report that the longest they’ve gone without washing their face is at least two days.
- Fifty-nine percent (59%) are not actively trying to protect skin from environmental elements such as the sun or wind.
- Though half (50%) claim they’re striving for a healthy diet specifically to keep skin in good shape, thousands of women are missing out on certain foods that could work wonders on skin, such as Brussels sprouts (68%), walnuts (62%), salmon (57%) and avocados (56%).
- Sixty-three percent (63%) know that their stress level affects the health of their skin, yet more than half (53%) are not actively trying to reduce it right now. Making a dedicated effort to unplug and unwind can make skin less permeable to external factors like weather and makeup.
- One in two (50%) are unaware that exercise can influence their skin’s health. Exercise increases blood flow and helps flush cellular debris out of one’s system – contributing to the overall appearance of skin.
I definitely identify with a few of the behaviors highlighted in the survey. Stress is very hard to avoid at times and too much of it can have an effect on your skin. I’ve experienced dryness, dullness, and breakouts as a result. I’ve gotten better at managing it (ex: adequate sleep, physical activity, etc) and the Simple line has been kind to my skin too. What I love most about these Simple Skincare products is that they have no parabens, no dyes, no artificial perfumes, and no harsh irritants. The perfect antidote to add your beauty regimen for overall skin health.
Prize: One reader will have the chance to win (6) full size Simple Skincare products (Retail Value $53)
- Simple Ultra-Light Gel Moisturizer ($10.99)
- Simple Nourishing 24-Hour Day/Night Cream ($10.99)
- Simple Protecting Light Moisturizer with SPF 15 ($10.99)
- Simple Cleansing Facial Wipes ($5.99)
- Simple Eye Make-up Remover Pads ($6.99)
- Simple Foaming Facial Wash ($6.99)
Rules: You must enter through the Rafflecopter widget. Giveaway is open to US Residents, 18+ only and ends 5/21/14 @2:00pm PT. For full rules and regulations, click on Terms and Conditions found on the widget.
Disclosure: I participated in this sponsored campaign on behalf of One2One Network. All opinions stated are my own.