It’s time to meet the 2016 Pantone Color of the Year or should I say 2016 Pantone ‘Colors’ of the Year. Nope, there’s no mistake. The experts at Pantone, announced not one, but two colors for the first time ever. The color authority chose the color combos of blush pink Rose Quartz and soft blue Serenity. Two calming pastel colors reflecting connection and wellness as well as a soothing sense of order and peace.
Rose Quartz is described as:
a persuasive yet gentle tone that conveys compassion and a sense of composure.
…and Serenity is:
weightless and airy, like the expanse of the blue sky above us, bringing feelings of respite and relaxation even in turbulent times.
I’m obsessed with both and no matter which color you prefer, you’ll want to check out the several ways to style them below!
How to Wear 2016 Pantone Colors of The Year
- I love how she played with different shades of Serenity in this look. The soft blue sweater pairs beautifully with the traditional pastel blue coat.
via Viva Luxury
2. A girly neutral outfit that incorporates Rose Quartz will be an amazing look to wear this winter and spring.
via Mango &Salt
3. A monochromatic outfit with Serenity blue will look so elegant for the spring season especially when you work in different textures.
4. Soft pink hues are commonly paired with other neutrals but if you want to make a bold statement for the upcoming spring season, try pairing them with black.
5. Instead of looking for one piece with both shades in it, pair both colors by seeking out items to make your own combinations of the solid tones.
via Fashion Gum
This year’s Pantone colors gave me the inspiration to create this Instagram post. You can shop my essentials below!
Madewell Pullover Sweater // Target Women’s Scarf in Twinkling Blue // Aesop Hand Cream // Urban Outfitters Lace Bralette // Love Style Life Book // Butter London Nail Lacquer in Kip // Essie Nail Polish // Too Faced La Creme Lip Color // Tatcha Brightening Serum // Tatcha Deep Hydrating Firming Serum // Paula’s Choice Resist Retinol Skin Smoothing Body Treatment (perfect for firming neck and decolletage) // Estee Lauder Modern Muse Eau de Parfum