Fall Coat Trends
We’ve now transitioned into the cooler months so what better time to find warm yet stylish coats. Need help finding the perfect coat for fall and winter? No worries, because I’ve put together the ultimate fall guide for 2011 showcasing all the hottest coat trends. From lustworthy to bargain, you’ll find this season’s best styles in a variety of prices.
This fall season you’ll find ruffles on hemlines, lapes, andd sleeves. It’s fun look that works well with skinny jeans or over a cute dress.
1. DKNY brown wool blend tweed ruffle front coat- Bluefly.com, $225
2. Ryu Couture Allure Coat- Modcloth.com, $124
3. Pacific Line in Sienna Peacoat by Tulle- Shopruche.com, $93
Capes add a touch of sophistication to your look. It can work as a statement piece and you can find capes in a variety of styles from classic tailored made to innovative edginess. (Tip: Don’t layer with a dress unless you want to look bulky! A nice pair of slim pants is made for this look).
4. Burberry Brit Wool Duffel Cape- Net-a-porter.com, $850
5. Calvin Klein Premium Tweed Belted Cape- Bloomingdales.com, $225
6. Classic Cape Coat- Forever21.com, $38
Military coats is another hot trend seen down the fall runways. What I love about this style is the clean lines and structure. It’s a strong statement piece that has a edgy, tough-girl feel to your wardrobe.
7. Burberry Brit Wool Topper Military Red- Nordstrom.com, $895
8. Miss Sixty Army Green Wool Blend Military jacket- Bluefly.com, $156
9. Hydraulic Coat, Long Sleeves Point Collar Military Double- Macys.com, $40
Parkas are a great trend for fall and winter. Not only do they add style to your look, they’re also warm and cozy. Parkas work well with sweaters over a pair of skinny jeans or over dress.
10. Altuzarra Willow Oversized Satin-twill Parka- Net-a-porter.com, $2987
11. Laundry by Shelli Segal Anorak with Faux Fur Trim- Nordstrom.com, $198
12. Larry Levine Coat, Long Sleeve Snap Front Hooded Down Parka- Macys.com, $80
A bright coat is a great way to add some color to your fall wardrobe. Go for standout colors like red, orange, fuschia, and yellow. (Tip: Pick a color that looks fab against your skintone!)
13. Burberry Prorsum Collarless Woal Coat- Saksfifthavenue.com, $2, 495
14. Double-cloth Symphony Coat- Jcrew.com, $350
15. French Connection Gold Dust Wool Blend- Bluefly.com, $204
Shearling jackets are the must-have item for F/W 2011. They’re well-fitting and can add a feminine touch to your wardrobe. I can’t get enough of shearling and there’s several ways to pull off this look. This winter staple is great to wear with denim, soft dresses, or a cute blouse over shorts.
16. Mackage Double Face Shearling Coat- Bloomingdales.com, $890
17. Ellen Tracy long Belted Faux Shearling Coat- Nordstrom.com, $198
18. Jou Jou Coat, V Neck Long Sleeve Faux Shearling Leather Jacket- Macys.com, $40
Cocoon jackets are voluminous, cozy, and a hot trend for the fall/winter season. So what looks great with a cocoon jacket? Since Cocoon jackets have a lot of volume at the top, go for tight-fitting clothes like skinny jeans or tights. The last thing you want is to accidentally make yourself look bigger.
19. Tweed Cocoon Coat- Burberry.com, $1295
20. Vila textured Arm Slouchy Cocoon Coat- Asos.com, $133
21. Ringspun Cocoon Coat- Asos.com, $79