5 First Day of School Outfit Ideas
This post is all about first day of school outfits!
Need a back to school outfit idea? Well we’re here to help you look fabulous on your first day! Let us inspire your classroom looks so you can head back to high school or college in style and stay ahead of the class. From button downs and lace tops to printed denim and ankle booties, you’ll be more comfortable walking around campus this fall. Check out our first day of school outfits to wear for the new fall season!
First Day Of School Outfits
Outfit Idea #1
Mix colored pants with basic pieces that are already in your closet like a cream button down or a casual sweater. If you want to give your outfit more punch, leave that to your accessories.
- Dorothy Perkins Cream Strip Collar Top
- Tarnish Reversible Animal Print/Solid Infinity Scarf
- Emilio Pucci Boysenberry Skinny Jeans
- Forever 21 Chain-Link Pearlescent Bracelet Set
- Accessorize Hamstead Satchel
- H&M Ankle Boots
Outfit Idea #2
Layering is a surefire way to create a stylish outfit. Try mixing patterns and textures for the best effect.
- Topshop Clean Edge Fedora Hat
- Forever 21 Heart & Arrow Necklace
- Woven Trim Sueded Backpack
- Madewell Modflower Dress
- J Brand Jeans Grey Sacred Deconstructed Jean Vest
- Black Block Heel Boots
READ: The Best Back To School Sales For Big Savings
Outfit Idea #3
A nautical-inspired top is a must-have piece for any fashion girl. The classic striped boatneck top looks great with denim jeans, a flowy skirt, and just about everything in between because it’s so versatile and easy to wear.
- J. Crew Striped Cotton Tee
- El Matador Vest
- Asos Brady Boyfriend Jeans
- Aldo Saffron Bracelet Set
- Chevron Drop Earrings
- River Island Black Rihanna Barely There Stiletto Sandals
Outfit Idea #4
Printed pants are a summer favorite but it can also be a fun piece to wear in the fall. Pair with a chambray top and neutral accessories.
- Topshop Casual Chambray Shirt
- Linea Pelle Double Wrap Sliced and Studded Bracelet
- Topshop Huge Flower Skinny Trouser
- Saint Laurent Classic Preppy Round Sunglasses
- Tory Burch Jordan Wire Hoop Earring
- Cole Haan Astoria Ballet
Outfit Idea #5
Stay cozy in a lightweight sweater. Try crochet knit or lace top and pair with a fun printed skirt, short brown boots, and bold accessories.
- H&M Short Lace Top
- Mango Dapper Print Flared Skirt
- Jules Smith Nautical Necklace
- Dorothy Perkins Antique Leaf Bracelet
- Michael Kors Selma Saffiano Leather Flap Crossbody Bag
- Lucky Brand Daker Brown Winter Haze Boots
Which of these first day of school outfits is your favorite? Share your thoughts by commenting below! Be sure to also check out my back to school shopping guide to help you find the best essentials (school supplies, dorm essentials, hairstyle ideas, etc) before your first day back.