Disclosure: This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Hawaiian Tropic®. The opinions and texts are all mine.
Wow, I can’t believe it’s June already! Time sure has flown by but I’m so looking forward to summer because I have so many trips lined up. I’ve already started some of the prep work for my upcoming summer travels like booking the train to San Francisco and airfare for my London trip, reserving hotels and arranging excursions; however, those things are just the easy part. Figuring out what makes it inside my weekender bag or luggage can be one of the most stressful aspects of any trip.
I will say that no matter where I’m going, there are a few essentials that always land in my bag. Of course you’ll need toiletries and undergarments because well…those are givens. These items however, are basic necessities and should help make the packing process a lot easier for you.
1. Chambray Top– I always say a pale blue chambray is the shirt of summer. I can style this breezy fabric in so many different ways and create a number of summer outfits.
2. Denim– I never leave home without a pair of denim. It could be a pair of denim jeans and shorts or a nice denim skirt and I’ll find something that would go great with it.
3. Sunscreen– To keep the harmful UV rays at bay, sunscreen is a must! Recently I picked up Hawaiian Tropic® Silk Hydration™ Weightless Sunscreen at Walmart. I like it a lot because it’s very lightweight yet still hydrating (can provide up to 12 hours of “moisturization”) and the scent is heavenly. It’s also water-resistant for up to 80 minutes and leaves my skin feeling like silk.
You should apply 1 ounce (golf ball size) amount of sunscreen every 2 hours all over your body. It truly is the perfect sunscreen for any summer trip. You can find Hawaiian Tropic® Silk Hydration™ Weightless at Walmart stores.
4. Sun Hat– A must-have for uncomplicated UV protection for days at the beach.
5. Accessories– I can’t leave home without my accessories. You’ll never see me without a watch, bracelet and my favorite pair of sunglasses. Even if it’s a cloudy day, a good pair of sunnies can make all the difference.
6. Sandals– Shoes can take up a lot of space in your luggage so I always opt for flats or sandals. A pair of sandals is perfect because it goes with any outfit and adds comfort while I’m sightseeing.
7. Makeup Bag– I gotta have a makeup bag that carries all my travel-sized beauty products. It also has to be sturdy enough to keep my makeup snug inside and not worry about them breaking.
8. Handbag– Finding a bag that works for you is a must. I usually go back and forth between my tote bag and a clutch depending on where I’m going and how many things I need to take along.
9. Bathing Suit– You can’t go on a summer vacation without packing a couple of bathing suits. Oh how I’m dreaming of lying beachside in my bathing suit right now. Sigh…
10. Phone– I made the mistake of leaving my phone (not on purpose) on my last vacation and it made the trip not as enjoyable as I would’ve liked because I use my phone for everything. After that experience, I now make sure it’s the first thing I pack.
What would you add to this list or take away? Share your thoughts by commenting below!
Free Vacation Packing Checklist
Sign up to my FREE Plan a Solo Trip Email Course. After seven days, you’ll no longer feel overwhelmed with planning a trip again!