Disclosure: This post has been sponsored by Amopé. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
Summer is coming!
I’m so looking forward to spending time at the beach, traveling, and just being outdoors enjoying the warm weather. Also with summer is all the clothes I’m excited to wear again. Maxi dresses, denim shorts, breezy tops, and my huge sandal collection. I have tons of flip flops in all different colors and I can’t wait to wear them but first, I need to get my feet in order.
Even though it’s still springtime, I’ve barely worn sandals so I had no reason to properly care for my feet. If you were to look at my feet right now, you would see dryness and slightly cracked heels.
To remedy this, I’ll use my 3-step system to get my feet soft and smooth again. It’s super effective, so follow along to get your feet sandal ready!
Step 1. Exfoliate Feet
To achieve beautiful soft feet, one must exfoliate first. I use Amopé Pedi Perfect Wet & Dry™ Rechargeable Foot File because it gets the job done. It’s the newest product from the line that comes with more features and an updated look. For one, it works on both wet and dry skin. I love that it’s waterproof because it makes it easier to buff away hard, dry skin when I’m in the shower or taking a bath.
It has dual-speed settings [gentle (low) and intensive (high)] for superior control on even the toughest skin and it’s rechargeable. I simply recharge the cordless electronic foot file on the docking station and I’ll get a full charge with each use. Thanks to its rounded, abrasive roller-head design, very little pressure is needed to get the desired result. I also like that it’s lightweight so I can easily throw it in my beach bag for easy, on the go use.
You can find Amopé Wet & Dry™ Foot File at Target in the foot care aisle. In fact, Target has a Cartwheel offer happening right now until June 30th where you can get 5% off of the Amopé Wet & Dry™ Foot File. You can get the coupon here.
Step 2. Foot Soak
To really soften your feet and soothe aches, you’ll need a good foot soak. This homemade foot soak is made with epsom salt, rosemary, lemons, and essential oils. Great for detoxing, soothing aches and sore muscles, cleansing, and softening skin.
DIY Foot Soak Ingredients:
- 1/2 cup of epsom salt
- 4 quarts of water
- 1 lemon
- 3-4 rosemary branches
- 20 drops of lavender oil
- 20 drops of lemongrass oil
- 1 medium or large plastic basin
- 1 Amopé Wet & Dry™ Foot File (optional)
- Grab a plastic basin and add warm water up to the halfway mark.
- Boil a few branches of rosemary in water for 7-8 minutes
- Slice up 2 lemons and add to the basin
- Add 1/2 cup of Epsom salt and the essential oils.
- Add the rosemary water (remember it is hot)
- Now soak your feet for about 15 minutes in the basin. Read a magazine or watch some TV as you wait.
If you missed a rough patch or two, go over it again with Amopé Wet & Dry™ Foot File. After that, wash with some soap, rinse and towel dry. Now you’re ready for the last step.
Step 3. Moisturize Feet
After a good foot soak, you’ll need a thick cream to moisturize the feet. This DIY Foot Salve recipe will definitely get your feet ready for summer!
DIY Foot Salve Ingredients:
- 1/4 cup of shea butter
- 1/4 cup of coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons of beeswax
- 10 drops of peppermint oil
- 10 drops of lavender oil
- a small glass jar
- Combine the shea butter, coconut oil, and beeswax into a small or medium size mason jar.
- Grab a small pan, fill it with water to the halfway mark and put it over medium heat.
- Place the mason jar inside the pan, stirring every few minutes until all three ingredients are melted.
- While waiting for the wax to melt, add the essential oils to a small glass jar.
- Once melted, remove mason jar from pan and pour mixture into glass jar and let cool.
- Once completely cooled, cover with lid.
- Store in the fridge for up to 3 months.
After your foot soak, apply salve on your cracked heels right before you head to bed. I always apply a thick coat and wear socks to lock in the moisture.
That’s it! If you follow this 3-step system, you’ll get soft feet in no time. Don’t forget to check out Amopé Wet & Dry™ Foot File the next time you visit a Target store.