Ever wonder why your face breaks out when wearing makeup or why your makeup application doesn’t go on evenly? Have you ever considered your makeup brushes as the culprit?
Truth is, makeup brushes can collect lots of dirt, oil, and bacteria after a long period of usage. So, it is essential to frequently wash your brushes so your face can stay clean and healthy. Bacteria is one factor that people should be aware of when using makeup brushes. Bacteria loves to breed on brushes, which will eventually cause acne breakouts, so cleaning them shouldn’t be taken lightly. You want to maintain a good hygiene to help keep your skin clear so CLEAN YOUR MAKEUP BRUSHES on a consistent basis!
How to Clean Makeup Brushes: The DIY Way
Here are a few tips to on how to clean makeup brushes properly. First you’ll need:
- All your brushes (eyeshadow, makeup, blush)
- First, run all your makeup brushes under the sink faucet in warm water.
- Clean them by using a small amount of shampoo, work in a lather, then rinse. (Makeup brushes are made out of hair so shampoo would be a great choice.)
- Continue to shampoo and rinse until there’s no more color from the brush.
- Make a mixture of vinegar and water in a bowl. 2 parts water and 1 part vinegar.
- Dip the brushes in the mixture for a couple of seconds and remove. (This will disinfect the brushes.)
- Lastly, place brushes on top of towel and allow them to air dry.
There are other alternatives you can use for cleaning makeup brushes. Several inexpensive brush cleaners are available at your nearest beauty stores and online like this one that keeps my makeup brushes like new. They are just as effective and will give your brushes that proper cleaning. Either method will work.
Don’t forget that your makeup brushes should also be cleaned once a week. Doing so will keep your face clear and your makeup looking flawless.
I hope you enjoyed this read on how to wash makeup brushes! How do you clean your makeup brushes? Share your thoughts by commenting below!
Also, don’t forget to pin this post so you remember how to clean makeup brushes properly.