Sigma Brush Set Review
Makeup is expensive enough, but makeup applicators and brushes that are of high quality can be downright ridiculous in price. I’ve seen some go as high as $800. If you’re a cosmetic professional or makeup artist newbie and it’s not within your budget to have a full set of high-priced brushes just to put on powder and a bit of eyeshadow, you might want to have a look at Sigma Beauty, who make professional standard brushes at very reasonable prices compared to other high-end brands.
I think there’s something to be said for each of the sets that Sigma offers, but the one that really caught my eye is this complete kit of professional brushes. With a price of $160 at UrbanOutfitters.com for 12 brushes… it’s really hard to find a deal like that if the quality of your makeup brushes is important to you.
The Sigma brush set includes 12 Sigmax(r) HD filament brushes (five brushes for the face and seven brushes for eye makeup).
In the kit you’ll find:
- A large powder brush made of natural bristles
- A foundation brush for liquid or cream foundation made of synthetic bristles.
- A large duo fiber brush designed to create an airbrushed finish when used with liquid foundation made of natural bristles
- A large angled brush to apply blush or contours is made of natural bristles
- A concealer brush with a rounded, tampered flat shape makes this brush ideal to conceal the under eye area is made of synthetic bristles
- A small angled brush for applying highlight shades under eyebrow is made of natural bristles
- An angled eyeliner brush for applying gel eyeliner or cream eyeliner is made of synthetic bristles
- A large shader brush with a flat shape for applying cream formulas and eyeshadow primers is made of natural bristles
- A pencil synthetic brush suitable for precise and firm strokes
- A blending brush for applying and blending color on the crease
- A liner brush with an extra-fine tip synthetic brush for a firm even stroke
- A medium shader brush for applying loose shadow and pigments made of natural bristles
Sigma Beauty also offers a travel set version that comes with 7 brushes in a functional container for $89! It’s a great budget alternative. I highly RECOMMEND this one too!