This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of The Clorox Company. All opinions are 100% mine.
It’s true when they say that the kitchen is the dirtiest room in the house. Think about it. You use it for food preparation, and when there’s food, there is bacteria. That’s why surfaces like your kitchen countertops and sink should be cleaned every time you use them. Sure you can shelve out money for household cleaners; but why not make your own while saving money in the long run. I came up with my own disinfectant spray recipe that’s effective and safe. We’ve been grilling a lot this summer and this DIY solution has helped keep our kitchen germ-free.
DIY Household Disinfectant Spray
Sanitize your kitchen area with my DIY household disinfectant spray. You only need 2 ingredients and the rules to follow to make it safe and effective.
- 1/4 teaspoon of Clorox Regular-Bleach₂ with CLOROMAX®
- 2 cups of water
Instructions No more spending a good chunk of your money on buying household cleaners. You can easily get the job done with this homemade solution.
Step 1. Grab an empty spray bottle and add the Clorox Regular-Bleach₂ with CLOROMAX® after the water.
Step 2. Seal off the bottle and gently tilt the bottle back and forth to get a good solution mix. I came up with this simple recipe, when I used up my last bottle of disinfectant spray in the middle of cleaning.
My favorite use for it is to spray down the kitchen table, the countertops, and cutting boards after dinner. I let the solution sit for 5 minutes to sanitize while I clean up and wash the dirty dishes, and then I let everything air dry. Letting it sit not only kills 99.99% of germs and bacteria; but also helps “unstick” any sticky messes and makes the cleanup process so much easier!
I can’t tell you how many times this homemade solution has helped remove marinades, bbq sauces and other condiments stuck on tables and serving trays during our summer cookouts.
Bleach Sanitizing Tips
1. Since bleach can have a strong smell, always use in a ventilated area. If you want to mask the chlorine smell, you can add a splash of laundry soap to it. Note: Don’t use dishwashing liquid soap since some of them contain chemicals such as ammonia.
2. Always wear rubber gloves to protect your skin while using this sanitizing solution.
3. If there is a lot of dirt or food residue on the surface you want to disinfect, you should clean it first so it can properly sanitize.
4. Lastly, make sure to keep this disinfectant spray out of sunlight so it won’t become diluted.
You can find Clorox Regular-Bleach₂ with CLOROMAX® at your local Walmart or purchase it at Walmart.com.
Declutter Your Space Binder Kit
Decluttering is a great start to getting organized. But what about other areas in your life like your home? Taking the leap to declutter your home can be intimidating which is why so many people avoid it. To simplify the process, I created the Declutter Your Space Binder Kit! This 32 page printable pack will help organize the chaos in your life.