This post is all about spring cleaning tips for the closet.
Storage, storage, storage. There never seems to be enough of it in my house. I have a very small bedroom with an even smaller closet. For years, I’ve always complained about the lack of space which oftentimes stops me from buying new clothes. I’ve now come to the realization that my problem is letting go of pretty little things or justifying keeping pieces I no longer need. So, what I have now is a small overflowing closet full of unnecessary items and it’s time for me to finally do something about it.
Spring is just around the corner and I’m dying to buy all the things on my spring wishlist, but given the state of my closet, I first need to figure out a way to reorganize it. Right now my top shelf is full of bulky shoe boxes that I’ve had since college. I don’t even wear half of them anymore. I also have tons of old clothes I should’ve a tossed or given away years ago.
Thankfully, I came across a new line of SOFI products on Amazon designed to make spaces work the way you live. It offers an essential, style-smart organizational system in a variety of styles that can instantly transform your closet into your own chic boutique. I love that you don’t need to sacrifice style when organizing your closet with this line.
Some of my favorites include the SOFI Hex Box (perfect for drawers, nightstands and dressers to store jewelry, socks, and other small trinkets that can be easily lost), SOFI Rax Bin (ideal for at-a-glance access to purses, hats and footwear), SOFI Brix Box, Small (easily accessible with pull-out handles and open tops), and SOFI Zipper Tote, Small (allow for quick access to clothes and accessories).
They’re perfect for my closet needs and I like that they have environmentally-friendly features (made from a minimum of 65% recycled content). I also love the sophisticated mocha and lavender-grey color palette on the exterior and interior, respectively.
Sofi Hex Box
Spring Cleaning Tips For Your Closet
Monica Friel, organizing expert from Chaos to Order, offers her spring cleaning tips and tricks for organizing your closet space into your own chic boutique for spring fashion.
- Reimagine your closet as your personal chic boutique:Before you begin to organize, make sure you have cleverly-designed products to make your closet inspiring, vibrant and fun! The new line of SOFI™ home organizational products can help you makeover your closet. SOFI products feature stylistic touches like gold fasteners and zipper accents, geometric print interiors, in a sophisticated color palette to bring you inspiration every time you open your closet door.
- Now, Be a Style Editor: Go through your closet item by item. Eliminate what feels drab while gathering ideas for pieces you can add to update your existing clothing collection.
- Group Similar Items Together: The best way to know exactly what you have is to put like-items together. Use your style editor-eye to organize by type of clothing or style and then by color.
- Celebrate the Season: Keep the clothes you’re currently wearing accessible so that you don’t have to waste time searching for the things you need. For quick access to clothes and accessories, use a SOFI™ Brix Box™ with pull-out handles and open tops or a SOFI™ Zipper Tote™ for quick, front-panel access to clothes and accessories. And, take advantage of floor and shelf space in your closet with a SOFI™ Stax Shelf™ that makes the most of existing vertical and horizontal space.
- Forget Last Season: Take time to get out-of-season clothes stored away. This will make your closet feel less cramped so you can easily see what you own before hitting the stores.
- Organization is not a Destination: Organization is an ongoing process that requires efficient systems, maintenance and the good old-fashioned discipline of putting things back in place. With Monica Friel’s tips, you’ll be on your way to having your own couture closet space!
I hope you enjoyed these spring cleaning tips for your closet! See my follow up before and after post of my new organized closet space using the SOFI products.