Forget ice! This is how you should really be using your ice cube tray. That’s right… ice cube trays aren’t just for making cubes to keep your summer drinks cold. I bet you’ve never seen an ice cube tray used like the ones below.
Who could have thought that there are so many fun things you can do with this humble kitchen accessory all year round. Check out these 13 ice cube tray hacks that are pure genius!
1. Freeze and preserve fresh herbs in olive oil so they don’t go to waste.
2. Freeze and store homemade baby food.
via Laura Radniecki
3. Make your own peanut butter cups.
4. Freeze brewed coffee in an ice cube tray for a quick and easy way to enjoy an iced cafe latte.
5. Freezing homemade pesto is a great way to preserve the fresh flavors of summer.
via The Yummy Life
6. Use an ice cube tray to store homemade cookie dough for portion controlled snacks.
7. Make jello shots in an ice cube tray!
via Bionic Bites
8. Make interesting and delicious drinks. From pina colada to spicy iced chai, the possibilities are endless!
9. Freeze homemade chicken, broth or vegetable stock for use in the future. This is one of my favorite Valentine’s Day DIY projects.
via Frugal Nutrition
10. Make iced green tea in seconds with matcha iced cubes.
via Oh How Civilized
11. If you have left over wine, make iced cubes out of it and use for future use. Perfectly portioned for cooking too!
12. Make hot chocolate with ease by freezing it with a stick.
via Sugar and Charm
13. These DIY sugar scrub cubes will save you $$ on fancy bath products.
via Hello Glow
What are some of your favorite ways to use an ice cube tray? Share your thoughts by commenting below!