As much as we love to embrace the no-makeup trend during the summer heat waves , there are days when we must put some effort in our appearance. Summer is a frustrating season when it comes to makeup because it’s oftentimes hard to avoid makeup breakdown. Nobody wants a wet slick of oil and sweat streaks on a perfectly put together face.
In this post, I’ll be breaking down the top face primers in the market so your makeup stays smooth and long lasting all summer long. You’ll find a long lasting face primer that’s best for you in no time.
1. Make Up For Ever HD Microperfecting Primer (Discontinued and replaced with this)- I really like this primer because its lightweight and leaves my skin feeling so soft. This oil-free product comes in 7 options, fixing everything from redness to dullness. (Perfect for all skin types)
2. LORAC Porefection Mattifying Face Primer– If you have oily, acne-stricken skin, then you’ll love this product. The salicylic acid gives this primer the added boost to work as an acne treatment. (Perfect for oily or acne-prone skin)
3. Clinique Superprimer Face Primer– This color correcting primer can replace a BB cream or tinted foundation. There’s also a Superprimer for redness, dullness, discoloration, and sallowness. (Perfect for all skin types)
4. Too Faced Primed & Poreless Skin Smoothing Face Primer– The finish on this product is velvety and you can achieve the flawless look without makeup. It’s also silicone friendly which is perfect for those with sensitive skin. (Perfect for all skin types especially sensitive skin)
5. Korres Pomegranate Mattifying Primer– This pore-minimizing product is formulated with pomegranate extract to tighten pores, willow bark extract to balance skin, witch hazel water to mattify and tighten, and rice starch to absorb excess oil. I tried this as a sample and loved it. Since I have oily skin, I always needed blotting paper to remove excess oil throughout the day and this helped stop my need for it. (Perfect for oily or acne-prone skin)
6. Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer– This iconic, long lasting face primer controls shine with just a dab of moisturizer. I’ve been using this for years because it smoothes out my skin and gives me that poreless, airbrushed look. (Perfect for all skin types) Note: If you suffer from dry skin, I would recommend Smashbox’s hydrating version (Perfect for dry skin). A friend of mine uses this version and according to her, the gel feels like a light moisturizer and absorbs quickly.