Donuts are pretty amazing. They are popping up everywhere these days: at restaurants on the dessert menus and specialty shops in cities around the country. They’re one of my favorite comfort foods, especially when they’re baked. I actually discovered baked donuts quite recently and they are simply amazing. When you bake donuts instead of frying them, the result is light, delicate and much healthier than traditional fried versions. I wanted to make my own, so when I found these baked Spiced Pumpkin Doughnuts from Williams Sonoma and how easy they were to make, I couldn’t wait to start baking.
These tasty baked pumpkin spice donuts are just in time for the fall and holiday seasons. It’s the perfect treat for a cozy fall/winter morning- all of the classic fresh-baked flavor, with none of the guilt.
Baked Pumpkin Spice Donuts Recipe
- Williams Sonoma Spiced Pumpkin Doughnuts mix
- 2 eggs
- 5 tbs butter, melted
- 1/2 cup milk
- donut pan
- Non-stick silicone baking mat
For the topping
- 5 tbs unsalted butter, melted
- spiced sugar (packet included)
Makes 18 donuts.
- Preheat oven to 375 F and use cooking spray to lightly grease the doughnut pan.
- In a large bowl, stir together the butter, eggs and milk.
- Add the doughnut mix and stir until well combined.
- Place 2 tbs. batter into each well of the doughnut pan and spread evenly with a small spatula.
- Bake them until the edges are golden and insert a toothpick into a doughnut to make sure it comes out clean, 10 to 12 minutes.
- Next, transfer the pan to a non-stick silicone baking mat (or wire rack) and let cool for 5 minutes, then invert the pan onto the mat and lift off the pan. I’ve been using this silicone baking mat for months now and it’s awesome. The mat can turn any area to a non-stick surface which I just love. It can be used in the microwave, oven, toaster oven, and freezer and can withstand temperatures from -40 to 480 F. You can find the baking mat on Amazon here.
- Wipe the pan clean and repeat the process 2 more times with the remaining batter.
- Place spiced sugar packet in a small bowl and the melted butter in another.
- Once the doughnuts are completely cool, dip them, top side down into the butter very lightly (remove excess) and then the spiced sugar.
I hope you try and enjoy these baked pumpkin spice donuts!