There’s nothing better than a soothing bath soak after a rigorous workout or a long day at work. It’s a great way to de-stress and to kick it up a notch, I like to pamper my skin in the process with good ole sea salt. A sea salt bath is great for clearing up body acne – it removes dead skin cells, kills bad bacteria on your body, and increases blood circulation. The oats can do the same and will also soothe sensitive or irritated skin, as will fresh rosemary.
I also like to set the scene by lighting candles around the bath tub. Not only do candles leave your bathroom smelling cozy and inviting, the scent will enrich your bath soak. One of my favorite candle brands is Diptyque because they have a plethora of soothing and calming scents, which also helps eliminate stress at the same time.
Sea Salt Bath Soak
- 1/2 cup sea salt
- 1/2 cup ground oats
- 1 bunch fresh rosemary or fresh, washed basil
- Mix together sea salt and oats in a large bowl and add to a hot bath, along with the herbs (rosemary, basil, or both).
- Feel free to chop or tear the herbs (if you like) as they will release more beneficial enzymes.
- If you have sensitive plumbing, cover the drainer with a thin towel or cheesecloth so nothing gets washed down the drain.
- Discard herbs when you’re done relaxing.
- Follow by showering or toweling clean and apply moisturizer.
- Rinse the tub out as the salt and oats will settle.
This sea salt bath recipe is from Skin Cleanse by Adina Grigore. Grab the book on Amazon here!
Want to make more homemade beauty products? Try my DIY Cinnamon Sugar Lip Exfoliating Scrub.