I enjoy a great cocktail once in a while but with summer quickly approaching, I find myself sipping more cool, super-refreshing drinks like mojitos, margaritas, you name it! As much as I love a good chilled drink, I also enjoy serving these tasty cocktails when I throw parties and once summer arrives, you bet I’ll be serving these babies at cookouts all summer long.
I was given the opportunity to partner up with Jose Cuervo and since it’s been a long-time favorite brand of mine, I decided to put together one of my favorite summer cocktails: Pink Grapefruit Margarita. See recipe below!
Pink Grapefruit Margarita (on the rocks)
- 1 lime cut in wedges, optional
- Salt or sugar for rim, optional
- 1/2 cup ruby red grapefruit juice
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 cup of ice
- 1 or 2 shots of Jose Cuervo Tradicional Silver 100% Blue Agave Tequila
- 2 to 3 teaspoons of agave nectar for taste (if you like your drinks sweet)
Step 1. Rub a slice of lime around the edge of the glass and then dip the rim of the glass lightly in a plate of salt or sugar. Set aside to dry. (This is optional)
Step 2. Add the grapefruit juice, lime juice, Jose Cuervo, and agave nectar into a cocktail shaker.
Step 3. Shake up until blended.
Step 4. Pour over ice and enjoy!
Disclosure: Thank you to Jose Cuervo for sponsoring this post and inspiring me to share the rich history of their brand.