Forget the store. I just learned of a subscription service where you can get fresh organic produce from local farms delivered straight to your door and it’s pretty amazing. If you love organic fruits and veggies then you’ll love Farm Fresh To You.
Farm Fresh To You is a second-generation family farm that grows and partners with other organic farms to deliver fresh, seasonal produce directly to your door. They offer convenience for your organic produce shopping. With their simple subscription program, you can save time by skipping a trip to the grocery store while also providing your family with the ability to eat healthier. It’s also customizable and very affordable!
How to Sign Up
The sign up process is pretty simple. First go to their website www.farmfreshtoyou.com and enter your zip code to see if they can service your area. Next, create an account and fill out all the necessary information. Now you can choose your box. There are 6 boxes you can order from:
- Mixed Fruit & Veggie Boxes-in sizes Small, Regular, More, and Monster with prices ranging from $26-$58
- Traditional CSA Boxes– in sizes Regular ($33) and More ($46)
- No Cooking Boxes– in sizes Small, Regular, and More with prices ranging from $26-$46
- Veggie Only Boxes– in sizes Regular ($33) and More ($46)
- Fruit Only Boxes– in sizes Small, Regular, and More with prices ranging from $26-$46
- Office Snack Packs– in sizes Mini, Small, Medium, and Large with prices ranging from $35-$110
I picked the More size from the Mixed Fruit & Veggie Box. We’re a family of 4 and we try to eat fresh as often as we can so when I learned of this subscription box, I felt it would be a simpler way for us to get the freshest seasonal greens, fruits, and vegetables.
After picking your box, you fill out your remaining details, set a delivery frequency that best fits you or your family needs (i.e. weekly, every other week, every 3rd or 4th week delivery), and place the order. You can also customize your standard delivery to exclude items you don’t wish to receive. My delivery day is Tuesday so between 8pm on Mondays to 6am on Tuesdays, my box will be waiting at my doorstep.
Yesterday morning, my first box delivery came and I was so excited to see what was inside. Since I picked the More size, two boxes arrived filled with delicious organic goodies:
- Box 1: Bartlett Pears, Red Pomegranate, King Richard Leek, Celery, Red Beets, Assorted Lettuce, and Black Grapes
- Box 2: Bosc Pears, Cameo Apples, Red Kuri Winter Squash, Fuyu Persimmon, Purple Fingerling Potatoes, Nantes Carrots, Broccoli, and Lacinato Kale
You can make all kinds of healthy snacks, family recipes, and even organic baby food with fresh organic produce from local farms.
Once I opened up the box and saw the contents, I knew I wanted to put together a filling smoothie and I was eager to use persimmons as the main ingredient.
Persimmons are one of my favorite fruits to eat in the fall/early winter. They have this sweet flavor that is unique and I love adding them in my smoothies with other fruits and veggies.
Here’s a seasonal green smoothie recipe that’s perfect as a healthy snack or quick breakfast on the go.
Fall Trio Smoothie
- 2 fuyu persimmons, cut into fourths
- 1 small apple, cored
- 1 small pear, cored
- 2 cups fresh Kale (or other leafy green)
- 1/2 cup water
Step 1. Blend leafy green vegetables and liquid base together first. I used the Nutri Ninja Auto IQ. I find it to be the best blender for smoothies.
Step 2. Add fruits and blend again.
Step 3. Pour into a cup and enjoy!
Get $10 off your first box!
- Sign up at Farm Fresh to You
- Enter my unique Refer-a-friend code: DIAN7615
- Save $10 on your first box. Pretty easy right?
Note: Farm Fresh to You is only available in California. Check here first to make sure they can visit your area.
Disclosure: This post is sponsored by Sverve on behalf of Farm Fresh To You. All thoughts and opinions are my own.