Here’s a fresh trendy nail art tutorial to rock this fall: Ombre! Ombre isn’t a new trend–I’ve been seeing it for years, on everything from clothing to nail art to hair. And yet, its popularity still isn’t fading! Why? Probably because ombre is so fun to create and so easy to DIY especially on nails. Plus, all of these hot colors are on trend right now for fall and is from the latest welcome box from Julep.
Ombre Nail Art Step-by-Step Tutorial:
1. Choose three polishes that blend well together, spanning from dark to light. Not sure what to pick? You can’t go wrong with a deep, opaque color, a lighter shade of the same color, and white. First, polish your nails with your darkest color. Allow them to dry.
2. Pour two small dollops of your medium and light colors on a smooth surface (like a piece of wax paper). The two dollops together should be about two-thirds the length of your nails. Use a toothpick or orangewood stick to swirl them together slightly so they mix in the middle, forming a gradient.
3. Dip the edge of a cosmetic sponge directly into your dollops of nail polish then align the sponge so that the lightest color is at the tip of your nail. Press the polish onto your nails with the sponge, dabbing and repeating until you achieve the desired effect. This doesn’t have to be precise!
4. Clean up the edges with a polish corrector pen or a thin brush dipped in polish remover. Finish with a top coat. Voilà!
If you join Julep Maven, the subscription beauty box program, you will get the ombre perfect trio of shades used in this look and a smokey taupe gel eye glider for FREE! Think of it as your free welcome gift.
As a Julep Maven you’ll receive a box of brand-new, full sized nail color and beauty products each month. I’m a Julep Maven myself and here are a few of my favorite reasons for being a Maven:
- It’s affordable! Every month I’m getting more than $40 of full-size products for just $24.99 per month (Tip – you can prepay for three months at a time and save $15).
- It is the only customizable box of full-size, limited-run nail colors and beauty innovations. That means no surprises, no dupes or colors you don’t like. You can see what is in your box each month and have the option of swapping out colors/products you already have or don’t want.
- I also get 20% off all single product purchases, free shipping, early access to secret sales. If you are passionate about your polish as I am, that can add up to some amazing savings! Don’t you think?
Here’s how to get the 4-piece set! Join Maven and get the Fall into Ombre Nail Art Welcome Box FREE ($50 value) – just pay $2.99 shipping using the code FALLGIRL. Want an even better deal? Pre-pay for your first three months of Maven and get the Welcome Box and shipping is FREE. Either way, you are going to LOVE being a Maven.