Yippeee….it’s officially summer! With plenty of free time to relax, attend parties, beach trips to soak up the sun, and travel, no other season screams “pure fun” than summer. But in between all the parties and road trips, I always find a way to integrate a good page-turner. I tend to read the most during the summer than any other season so every year I create a reading list, around 8-10 books, that’s perfect for my needs.
If your looking for great reads this summer to add to your own list then you’ll love this post.
To kickstart your seasonal reading list, I’ve put together a fine collection of our top picks from romance to thriller.
See the top 10 books I recommend reading this summer…
1. The Arsonist by Sue Miller– A suspenseful new novel from Sue Miller that I’m dying to read. It’s about a family and a community tested when an arsonist begins setting fire to the homes of the summer people in a small New England town.
2. I Am Having So Much Fun Here Without You by Courtney Maum– A novel about a 34-year-old philandering painter who attempts to reunite with his wife when his mistress marries a famous cutlery designer. It’s a great read that engages you with romance, humor, and memorable characters.
3. The Ice Cream Queen of Orchard Street: A Novel by Susan Jane Gilman– A wonderful rags to riches story that’s full of humor. I truly enjoyed reading this book because it’s so realistic and the characters are very entertaining.
4. The Vacationers by Emma Straub– A great summer read about the ups and downs the arise over the course of an American’s family two-week stay in Mallorca.
5. Friendship: A Novel by Emily Gould– A novel about what can happen to friendship when you’ve entered the life-defining thirties. A great summer read!
6. #GIRLBOSS by Sophia Amoruso– If you’re an entrepreneur and need a little motivation, you’ll definitely want to read this book by Nasty Girl founder Sophia Amoruso.
7. The One & Only by Emily Giffin– The author knows a thing or two about writing a page turner. This book is about the main character’s struggles on how to find her passion and follow her heart.
8. The Happiness Project by Gretchen Rubin– An inspiring book that makes you want to start your own happiness project. It’s filled with facts on the science of happiness and examples on how she improved her life by making changes both big and small in her life.