The hair actually grows more rapidly when it is well nourished through a healthy eating habit. Learn what types of superfoods that could help you achieve strong, healthy hair.
A lot of people who wish to have longer hair perceive that there is a method to achieve those desirable flowing locks in a quick fashion. While one could opt to wear a wig or hair extension, there’s really no rapid solution to having a long hairstyle in no time. In a year, the hair usually grows to about only six inches and this estimated rate may also vary per person. Moreover, a person’s genetic makeup also plays a significant part in what their hair looks like.
Conditioners, shampoos, hair dyes, as well as other hair care products usually come with the claim that they can encourage the growth of hair by strengthening the hair follicles. While hot oil treatments and having regular trims may help, the best way to make sure that one’s hair is healthy enough to be able to grow to desirable lengths is still to eat specific foods that are rich in vitamins and minerals. Read on and find out 5 top foods that should be the foundation of your healthy hair diet.
- Eggs – hair is mainly protein, thus, the more amount of protein one eats, the healthier the hair follicles get. Regardless of how they are prepared, eggs are a great source of protein.
- Salmon and Oily fish – Salmon and other types of oily fish such as mackerel, tuna and sardines are abundant sources of Omega-3 fatty acids and vitamin B12 that promotes improvement on the scalp’s condition.
- Vegetables – people who wish to have a luscious hair can never go wrong by consuming a lot of vegetables, both carrots and green leafy ones. They provide calcium, iron, along with vitamin C and A which aids in sebum production.
- Chicken, Red Meat and Beans/Lentils – are also excellent sources of protein to promote quick growth of hair.
- Cereals and Nuts – are rich in iron, zinc and B vitamins that aid in replenishing hair follicles whenever they require it the most.