It’s officially prom season which means it’s time to get camera-ready for pictures that will last a lifetime. Clairol Professional Colorist Nico, whose client roster includes Betsey Johnson and Pat Field, and Sebastian Professional Lead Stylist Thomas Dunkin, who styles Lily Collins, Rachel McAdams and Michelle Williams, share tips for putting your best coif forward!
3 Haircoloring Tips from Clairol Professional Colorist Nico
- If you’re a stranger to haircolor, try a sheer gloss for healthy looking hair with sparkle and sheen. Apply Clairol Professional Jazzing in Clear to the lengths of your hair for about 5-10 minutes and enjoy lustrous locks.
- If your hair is one solid hue, a sleek style will make it appear rich and shiny in photos. If your hair is multi-dimensional or darker at the root, a sleek style will appear awkward and streaky. Opt for a looser style instead.
- If planning to highlight your hair, make sure to keep lighter shades around the hairline. This will ensure your haircolor does not appear too ashy in photos.
2 Hairstyling Tips from Sebastian Professional Lead Stylist Thomas Dunkin
If wearing an elegant or glamorous dress, show it off by pairing it with a simple ballerina bun.
- Apply Sebastian Professional Taming Elixir to the lengths of damp hair and blow-dry hair straight.
- Once straight, pull hair back into a ponytail.
- Twist the ponytail until it forms a bun and secure the bun with bobby pins.
- Spray the hair with Sebastian Professional Trilliant to boost shine and give a light hold.
Complement an edgier dress with a more funky hairstyle with tons of volume.
- Spritz Sebastian Professional Volupt Spray to the roots of damp hair and blow-dry using a large round brush until hair is 90% dry.
- Create one-inch sections and set with Velcro rollers.
- Once the hair is dry, remove the rollers and brush through the hair using a Mason Pearson brush.
- Pull hair around to one side, take two-inch sections and twist them softly, securing the twists to the head with bobby pins.
- Spray with Sebastian Professional Shaper Zero Gravity Hairspray for a soft hold and top it off with a light spray of Sebastian Professional Trilliant for shine.