Feeling down and need some motivating? Then you’ll love this post! I created a lot of girl boss inspirational quotes on my old Instagram account because they helped me, career women and female entrepreneurs who were struggling and needed a bit a motivation to get through the ups and downs of career life or running a business.
Some of these girl boss quotes I created are simply amazing. They’re inspiring, sassy, and even savage. No boring quotes here!
What Is A Girl boss?
Many women are bosses, but what exactly is a girl boss? According to the Urban Dictionary,
“A girl boss is in charge and takes command of the situation.”Urban Dictionary
Not all bosses are lumped into the same category regardless of gender. Some women take charge and go the extra mile. When you walk into a women-owned or operated business, you can tell who is in charge. The person seems to have it all together and looks very self-confident. She’s hard-working, motivated, badass and so determined that she exudes self-confidence. She’s kind, independent, and very inspirational.
How To Have a Boss Lady Attitude
A boss-lady will have a positive attitude and maintain control; even when things go south, she can manage the situation like a boss. There are no obstacles too big. She’s very professional and able to take command at a moment’s notice. She’s positive and engaging.
2. Associate With Like-Minded People
There’s an old saying that “You are as good as the company that you keep.” If you keep company with a skunk, you’re going to stink. If you keep company with roses, you’ll smell perfect.
3. Set High Standards And Keep Them High
A girl boss already knows everyone is watching her. So, she will set her standards and teach those around her how to maintain high standards and keep them high.
How Can I Be a Better Girl Boss?
1. Have a Morning Routine
While not everyone is an early riser, a girl boss knows she needs to get her practice going early. So she’ll be awake early and ready to face her day. She will have a set morning routine that she sticks with. Take some time each day, or the night before, to prioritize your to-dos and jot down at least three things that need to be accomplished for the day ahead.
2. Work Towards Your Goals
Setting and achieving goals is as easy as breaking them into manageable tasks. First, she will plan; if she fails to plan, she will fail to succeed. She will use the SMART method to be Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Realistic, and Time-bounded. She will know her goals and be focused on achieving them throughout the project.
3. Have a Journal
Maintaining a journal is an ideal way for her to keep track of her life. She will have her journal at her fingertips to refer to her list of ideas and notes as required throughout her day.
4. Have Confidence
A girl boss will have plenty of self-confidence. She will be confident that everything will work out as planned, even if those plans go awry.
5. Prioritize Self-Care
Before she can care for others, she must first care for herself. Just like a parent getting a child ready to go to school, she must get herself up and go; then she can get everyone else up and go. Next, she must take some time each day for herself. The first 30 minutes to an hour each day should be spent planning her day and taking some time to herself. She will also take some time in the evening just for her. This will help her to stay focused, calm, and unwind after a hard day.
Now, check out some of my favorite motivational quotes to unleash your inner girl boss!
1. Girl Boss Quotes No. 1
I do not understand a LOT of women. Pin this if you don’t either!
2. “The success of every woman should be an inspiration to another. We’re strongest when we cheer each other on.” – Serena Williams
3. “Be the woman who fixes another woman’s crown without telling the world it was crooked.”
4. “You alone are enough. You have nothing to prove to anybody.” -Maya Angelou
2. Girl Boss Quotes No. 5
You know that feeling you get at the pit of your stomach? That’s your intuition right there talking to you. She’s that inner voice that knows you better than anyone. She knows her shit.
SO LISTEN TO HER. TRUST HER!
6. “Here’s to strong women. May we KNOW them. May we BE them. May we RAISE them.”
7. “Just do what works for you, because there will always be someone who thinks differently.” – Michelle Obama
8. “Girls compete. Women empower.”
3. Girl Boss Quotes No. 9
Always do things for you. Work hard and give yourself what you want.
10. “No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.” -Eleanor Roosevelt
11. “Be so positive that negative people don’t want to be around you.”
4. Girl Boss Quotes No. 12
Never be fooled. This is your year boss babe!
13. “Nobody is cheering harder for me, than the girl I used to be.”
14. ” A woman is like a tea bag – You can’t tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
15. “A woman who knows what she brings to the table is not afraid to eat alone.”
5. Girl Boss Quotes No. 16
CLAIM IT and share this to your favorite boss babes!
17. “Wake up beauty, it’s time to beast.”
18. “Be the woman you want your daughter to be.”
6. Girl Boss Quotes No. 19
I love this quote because I wouldn’t be where I am today if I didn’t take my friends advice to stop procrastinating and start doing.
When I was working at my job a couple years back to become debt free, I was ready to do just about anything to earn some extra cash.
One problem though…
It was taking time away from my boyfriend, family and friends. As a full-time coordinator at an advertising agency, I didn’t WANT to spend more time away from enjoying life.
But as a full-timer, working 40+ hours and making a small salary, I also desperately needed to increase my income.
It wasn’t until I turned my hobby blog to a business that I realized how AMAZING it was to be my own boss. I took the initiative and was able to build the tomorrow I wanted and now I’m living my best life. Blogging has allowed me to earn good money (I make thousands each month) AND work from home on my own time.
This blogging thing sure would’ve come in handy when I was searching for a side hustle in college, haha!!!
If you want to learn more about blogging and how to get started, then sign up for my FREE training above.
20. “I stopped waiting for the light at the end of the tunnel. I lit that bitch up myself.”
21. “Sometimes you gotta be a beauty and a beast.” – Nicki Minaj
7. Girl Boss Quotes No. 22
Just wanted to remind you of your own awesomeness. Pin this boss lady quote if you’re owning it!
23. “Time to make shit happen.”
24. Anything’s possible if you’ve got enough nerve.” JK Rowling
25. “Get glowing! The world needs your magic.”
8. Girl Boss Quotes No. 26
Yes! Not for them, but for you and only you boss babe.
27. “Remember, growing might feel like breaking at first.”
28. “If opportunity doesn’t know. Build a door.” – Milton Berle
9. Girl Boss Quotes No. 29
Keep your eyes on where you’re going boss babe, and never look back.
30. “She got that independent, wake up and make shit happen type of vibe.”
31. “Coffee in one hand. Ambition in the other.”
10. Girl Boss Quotes No. 32
One of my favorite boss lady quotes. You gotta hustle to go after your dreams.
33. “Success is often achieved by those who don’t know that failure is inevitable.” – Coco Chanel
34. “A girl who is going to do big things cannot let small things get to her.”
35. “She dressed herself in confidence every day.”
11. Girl Boss Quotes No. 36
Work hard in silence, let your success be your noise.
37. “Never underestimate the power of your mindset.”
38. “Don’t adapt to the energy in the room. Influence the energy in the room.”
12. Boss Babe Quotes No. 39
It really is the best mood. I love that this quote is short and to the point.
40. “Queens don’t chase. That’s how your crown falls off.”
41. ” I never dreamed about success. I worked for it.” – Estee Lauder
13. Boss Babe Quotes No. 42
Dreams don’t work unless you do.
43. “I’m not bossy. I’m the boss.” – Beyonce
44. “There is no magic to achievement. It’s really about hard work, choices and persistence.” – Michelle Obama
14. Boss Babe Quotes No. 45
Never forget! In fact, print this out and put in a frame. Place it on your bedside table so you see every morning and each night you go to bed. Let it motivate you to live the life you desire. A life designed by you.
46. “A bossy woman is someone to search out and celebrate.” – Amy Poehler
47. “If they don’t give you a seat at the table, bring a folding chair.” – Shirley Chisholm
48. “Think like a queen. A queen is not afraid to fall. Failure is another stepping stone to greatness.” – Oprah Winfrey
15. Boss Babe Quotes No. 49
You can’t do epic shit with basic people, whether you’re…
- Starting a business
- Getting a new job
- Buying a new home
- Saving money
- Getting married
- and etc.
While you’re building and growing in life, attract people who are doing the same. Surround yourself with people who are already doing epic shit and wants to see you win in life.
Don’t give anymore time and energy on people who can’t even grasp the basic concepts in life.
If your current tribe isn’t getting you going and excelling, it’s time to find a new tribe that will.
50. “It is within everyone’s grasp to be a CEO.” – Martha Stewart
51. “Passion is energy. Feel the power that comes from focusing on what excites you.” – Oprah Winfrey
16. Boss Lady Quotes No. 52
Yes indeed. One of my favorite inspirational girl boss quotes on this list.
53. “Courage, sacrifice, determination, commitment, toughness, heart, talent, guts. That’s what little girls are made of; the heck with sugar and spice.” – Bethany Hamilton
54. “A wise girl knows her limits, a smart girl knows she has none.” – Marilyn Monroe
17. Boss Lady Quotes No. 55
A great daily reminder. Pin this if it resonates with you!
56. “Women are the largest untapped reservoir of talent in the world.” – Hillary Clinton
57. “I am my own mountain standing in my own sun.” – Shonda Rhimes
58. “We weren’t born to create excuses, we were born to create excellence.” – Janna Cachola
18. Boss Lady Quotes No. 59
I know you got goals for 2021. Everyone does. So, go after them full force! Remember, you get what you work for!
60. “Women are the real architects of society.” – Harriet Beacher Stowe
61. “Strong women rarely have an easy past.”
19. Boss Lady Quotes No. 62
A reminder that, you got this, sis!
63. “Women has been trained to ask for what we want instead of taking it. We’ve been indoctrinated in a culture of permission. But that time has passed.” – Ava Duvernay
64. “She was the type of girl the moon chased and the stars wished for.”
65. “Allow your mistakes to be the greatest teachers.”
20. Boss Lady Quotes No. 66
And that’s on PERIODT!
67. “People underestimate me. They always have, and maybe that’s for the best. It’s fun to prove them wrong.” – Jennifer Lopez
68. “Cheers to women working on their dreams and not working for the weekend.”
I hope you found value and inspiration from this list of boss woman quotes!