I’ve suffered from acne since high school and it’s still a problem I deal with now as a young adult. Even though my acne flare ups are fairly mild and most often occur when Aunt Flo visits, acne often times leaves me with dark spots aka hyperpigmentation which I just hate.
The American Osteopathic College of Dermatology defines hyperpigmentation as a harmless condition in which patches of skin become darker in color. This is due to the occurrence of excess melanin- the pigment that is responsible for the normal skin color. It can happen at any age from your teens to middle age and beyond.
What Causes Hyperpigmentation?
There are several causes of hyperpigmentation. To start with, the Mayo Clinic notes that the damaging effects of the sun leads to hyperpigmentation. Consequently, the excess melanin makes the skin look sun-tanned and darker. Second, some skin conditions such as acne can leave permanent dark spots on the skin. Lastly, skin injuries and inflammation can lead to skin discoloration. Other conditions which may cause production of extra melanin include old age, and pregnancy. It should be noted that Africans, Asians, and the Mediterranean people are more vulnerable to hyperpigmentation.
It’s one of the most difficult conditions to treat. Fortunately, there are effective methods to help erase them which I share below:
4 Effective Tips:
1. Exfoliate: Use an exfoliating cleanser or if you’re like me, you can use a cleansing brush with your regular daily face wash.
2. Apply a sunscreen: Especially after exfoliating because your skin will be very sensitive to light and can cause hyperpigmentation if you have too much sun exposure. Pick a sunscreen with SPF 30 or higher.
3. Apply a brightening mask: It will help brighten your skin thus making the spot a little less dark. I do this 1-2 times a week.
4. Apply a serum or brightening cream: At night before you head to bed, apply a dark spot serum before your moisturizer. It’s the best time to do it because that’s when your skin is regenerating and getting all the ingredients into your skin so it can works its magic.
One of the most effective creams that has helped me treat my discoloration is Meladerm. Is there a man or woman who hasn’t dealt with dark spots on the face or body? This cream has been my savior allowing me to build up my confidence again. Keep reading below to see my full Meladerm review.
What is Meladerm?
Meladerm is a skin lightening cream for the treatment of hyperpigmentation and uneven skin. It is used to address scars, dark spots, age spots, surgical marks, and dark circles for all skin types. In addition to that, it is a solution for skin enlightenment and sun protection. Meladerm has been an award winning product and medical practitioners see it as a safe and effective skin lightening product because it uses effective natural ingredients. After looking through the various online reviews, it showed a product that many customers have a lot of confidence with so I decided to try it and share my review because the results have been fantastic.
How does Meladerm work?
It fades dark spots caused by hyperpigmentation naturally. Having said that, Meladerm formulation is used to discourage the formation of melanosomes. A melanosome is an organelle of a cell that contains densely packed melanin. By implication, it reduces the number of melanosomes in your skin thereby reducing and eventually eliminating dark spots. In addition to that, Meladerm can also treat uneven areas on the face and body such as:
- Age / Liver spots / Sun spots
- Tans / Sun damage
- Melasma / Chloasma
- Acne marks
- Old scars
- Dark elbows, knees, underarms, knuckles
- Uneven skin tones
List of Meladerm Ingredients
The following ingredients are found in Meladerm:
- Liquorice Extract– A plant known for its natural ingredients to lighten the skin and for its anti-inflammatory properties.
- Mulberry Extract– From the mulberry plant, it contains an active inhibitor of tyrosinase enzyme which is known to assist in melanin production.
- Bearberry Extract– A bearberry plant also known as arbutin that inhibits tyrosinase formation.
- Kojic Acid– An agent produced by several species of fungi that deeply pentrates the skin to inhibit melanin production. It’s been used as a natural alternative to hydroquinone in several skincare products.
- Emblica– Also known as Indian gooseberry is a natural plant that contains ingredients that lighten the skin.
- Vitamin C– A vitamin that provides potent antioxidant protection by shielding skin from damaging free radicals. It’s known to reduce the appearance of brown spots and other types of sun damage.
- Gigawhite– A plant based skin lightener made up from 7 organically grown Swiss alpine plants.
- Niacinamide– Also known as Vitamin B3 can help erase discoloration, improve skin elasticity, and prevent acne.
It should be noted that most of these ingredients are natural products.
One of the greatest advantages of using Meladerm skin lightening cream is that it does not contain harmful and irritating ingredients which are common in various skin care products. Another important thing to note is that hydroquinone is not used in the manufacture of the product. Hydroquinone has been known to cause multiple side effects such as redness, dryness, stinging, and mild burns. Moreover, they do not use cosmetics or steroids which can cause irreparable damage to the skin. Overall, Meladerm is a natural and safe treatment.
How long for results?
I’ve seen a noticeable difference with just two weeks of use when combined with exfoliating products. However, full results are realized after two to three months. The results are largely dependent on one’s physiology as well as the individual condition of the skin. In addition to that, people with longer sun exposure and deeper skin pigmentation take longer to show results. You can check out the site’s customer reviews for before and after photos here.
Where to Buy Meladerm
I hope you enjoyed reading my Meladerm review. If you’re interested in trying this out for yourself, I purchased mine at the official Civant Skin Care website. Meladerm is not available in stores like other skin care creams. However, it is available in a few selected stores. Despite that, the most reliable source remains the company’s official site. It ships worldwide and offers a 30 day money back guarantee for new customers!