Treating your skin well year round is important, but with summer in full bloom, smart skin care is a must. Achieving a healthy summer skin glow doesn’t take much effort , so to beat off the summer blues and keep the skin gorgeous, invest in some quality skin care necessities before you step foot on the beach.
Stay looking and smelling great this season, by checking out my top 10 summer skincare essentials!
1. Since I sweat more in the summer, I always get acne breakouts on my back. This acne body wash always does the trick!
2. I don’t self tan, but a few of my friends do and they swear by this self tanner. It’s fast drying and you won’t end up looking like a pumpkin!
3. If you want amazing summer skin, you gotta exfoliate with a body scrub.
4. I have oily skin, and during the summer it’s on overdrive. To get rid of the excess oil, I use a powerful clay mask.
5. A lip balm with SPF is a must to keep my lips moisturized and protected.
6. When the weather heats up, I always invest in a facial spray to rehydrate, refreshen, and re-energize my face. I’ve tried several but Evian is one of my favorite facial sprays. I also like to use the spray over my makeup.
7. I never leave the house without applying my favorite sunscreen and because it’s summer, I reapply throughout the day.
8. When I’m at the beach or outdoors during the day for a long period of time, I don’t like to wear foundation. As an alternative, I use a tinted facial moisturizer with SPF protection. It’s perfect because it’s lightweight, offers sheer coverage, and I can layer with a foundation if I plan to go out at night.
9. Tend Skin is a must-have if you have razor bumps or ingrown hairs around the sensitive bikini line area. I swear it gets the job done and your man can use it, too!
10. This foot cooling product smooths and refreshes my tired feet and it smells wonderful.
Bonus: As we age, we start to see more sun spots pop up on our skin. Using a product targeted to decrease melanin production is a significant step towards sun spot prevention.
What are a few of your summer skincare essentials?